Replacement Filter for Xiaomi Mi 2s Air Purifier

Barley

Hello, 

I want to buy a replacement filter for the Xiaomi Mi 2s Air Purifier. 

Now I saw on Lazada several different versions: Regular, Formaldehyde, Antibacterial, and also original Xiaomi filter replacements. 

I have a separate TVOC meter and have noticed that wherever I sleep the TVOC at night is really high. 

What kind of replacement filter would you recommend? Are the original Xiaomi ones better or would the Formaldehyde be best for me? 

I have the same model of purifier but haven't needed to replace the filter yet but when I do I'll just pick the original one as supplied because it's doing a good job right now.

It sounds obvious but in order for it to work efficiently the windows and doors to the room need to be closed otherwise you draw in more polluted air and the aircon filter needs to be cleaned periodically as well.  

The TVOC will always be higher at night because that's when they do most of the burning I believe.

• Like 2

I don't think TVOC has anything to do with the burning. 

It seems to be always high at night, in any city. Also when I loaned my meter to other people. 

I am puzzled about it. It may have to do with our breathing or sweating? I don't really know. 

Has anybody bought the non-original filters and what are your experiences? 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:43 AM, trevoromgh said:

I have the same model of purifier but haven't needed to replace the filter yet but when I do I'll just pick the original one as supplied because it's doing a good job right now.

Me too. How do you know when the filter needs replacement? Is there something in the machine counting its hours used, or measuring amount of contaminate accumulated? Otherwise, I guess I'll just replace at the beginning of every new burn season...

59 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Me too. How do you know when the filter needs replacement? Is there something in the machine counting its hours used, or measuring amount of contaminate accumulated? Otherwise, I guess I'll just replace at the beginning of every new burn season...

If you use the app it will tell you how many hours are left on the filter.

when purchasing new filters I recommend you purchase the black gray ones the new ones h13 which means they filter out Much finer particles.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.0nIo6

Edited by THAIJAMES

Is Lazada delivering anything here now?  I had an order pending for a kitchen faucet and they cancelled the order yesterday without stating any reason.  They did refund the money to their "Lazada Wallet" (essentially a future credit) and that irritated me as I paid via my Siam Commercial Bank account (and that's where they should have refunded the money). 

Lazada's still delivering.

i recently bought what I'm assuming are non-original filters via Lazada. Green antibacterial ones. Seller claimed they come from the same factory as the genuine article, but I can't substantiate that. Side by side, the replacements appear absolutely identical, minus some Chinese writing in the plastic top edge. Quality appears to be identical too & are very well made. THB549 each + a nominal amount for freight & they perform perfectly.

After much wasted time, managed to get the WiFi phone app to work. The trick is to NOT nominate your country as Thailand in the app. Do so & your phone will never find the units. Nominate your country as Mainland China and the purifiers are recognised & added immediately! Go figure......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iang said:

After much wasted time, managed to get the WiFi phone app to work. The trick is to NOT nominate your country as Thailand in the app. Do so & your phone will never find the units. Nominate your country as Mainland China and the purifiers are recognised & added immediately! Go figure......

That's right, setting the correct region is vital to getting the app to work. But which region to select depends on the firmware version on the device that you received.

In my case I have a Xiaomi PM2.5 monitor and that has to have the app region set to China to work. I also have a 3H air purifier but that needs the app region set to Thailand, not China or it won't work. 

Not that it matters much to me but it means that I can't monitor both devices from the app at the same time.

• Thanks 1

I was going to buy a knock off replacement for my Xiaomi S2 then discovered it didnt have RFID, so the onboard monitor would not work. So I  bought a genuine xiaomi via Aliexpress, shipped from china, for US$31 delivered. The amount I would have saved using the knock off, thru the season was pennies really..