Thai traditional doctor suggests eating Thai herbs to increase immunity

webfact

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Turmeric is a natural antibiotic and, according to Ayurveda, an invaluable natural remedy. When colds and flu season kicks in, make this Golden Honey both for prevention and for restoring good health.

Caution should be exercised when using Turmeric  for those on blood thining medications 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Turmeric is a natural antibiotic and, according to Ayurveda, an invaluable natural remedy. When colds and flu season kicks in, make this Golden Honey both for prevention and for restoring good health.

Please explain the use of antibiotics when dealing with viruses. From what I know the only use is in the treatmeant of secondary bacterial infections. Not sure if this is the the cases with organ failure, especially the lungs, when it comes to this virus.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Dr Mosely eminent UK doctor ( Trust me I am a doctor , series) recently tested Turmeric; the powder, capsules all useless; only in its normal solid state does it have benefits.

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've known the benefits of raw garlic for many years, having learned about it through studying Traditional Chinese Medicine. It is recommended that the clove should cut open and left for 10 minutes before chewing it as slowly as one can. (depends on the strength!) Research has shown that this releases two chemicals that combine to create the antiviral properties.

I rarely get sick, even when colds and flu bugs are around, but if I do get caught, this is my 'go to' medicine because I know that it works. I've proved it.

Don't wait to get caught. Get it before it gets you. 

Edited by morrobay

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Never heard of most of that stuff, neither has the Mrs, you can't increase your immunity anyway

The first group of herbs they sell at all 711 stores. Tastes very sour but good. Its a 711 brand and the herbs are mixed together. 

• Like 1

Garam Masala

Garam masala is a Hindi word, when translated is known as a hot mixture. Every region in India has different varieties of garam masala. Garam masala is a mixture of masalas that are mixed to prepare spicy dishes in Indian cuisine. It is also used in Pakistan and other South Asian countries. According to Ayurveda, garam masala brings six types of tastes to mouth when it is added to the curry. These are the taste of peppercorn, cinnamon, coriander, fennel, cumin and cinnamon. Sometimes, nutmeg is also added to garam masala. The taste of cinnamon is warm and sweet. Taste of pepper is considered warm. The digestive system in the human body needs the right amount of heat to function properly. Garam masala is made by dry roasting all the spices and blending them. It can also be made without dry roasting.

One has to be careful because there are many foods readily available that contain a lot of additives, fat etc. Even fresh fruit and veg could be covered in chemicals and of course, the soil they grow in may also have chemical contamination. But in the end, salad and fruit diet with small amounts of meat/seafood serve most bodies the best. People can eat far to much meat that the body neither needs or can process efficiently. However, it also depends on the person too because dislikes/likes and tolerance vary. Thailand has a large variety of fruit and one should take advantage of it. Balance in all things.

• Like 2

Get yourself some brown rice, chuck it in the rice cooker, clean it & fill it with water

Then add cinnamon sticks (broken in half), a few bay leaves and a spoonful of turmeric.

Much tastier than the generic white <deleted> that you normally get over here and much healthier

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

Its a known fact that taking loads of Vitamin C boosts your immune system. Big Pharma don't want people knowing this. Do your research.

From my reading of "peer reviewed" reseach does not support your hypothesis. 

There has been controversy about this for decades

The research I did many years ago was not financed from "big pharma", they were independent studies 

I remain very skeptical of many claims from self interested sites 

Vit C is water soluable, not retained in cells.

Paulings studies and claims have been debunked many times.

Many studies done with Vit C and in larger doses can be detrimental to kidneys over a period of time.

• Like 1