Republican coronavirus bill hits roadblock in U.S. Senate; negotiations continue

webfact

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

It's the airlines. They have never been good business. Too many risks.  Amazon basically functions as the de facto medical, food, and essential goods distributor. Google and Apple... will have more money than the government soon if this keeps up.

Here is what one of the greatest CEO of all time said about the company he ran American Airlines.

“I’ve never invested in any airline. I’m an airline manager. I don’t invest in airlines. And I always said to the employees of American, ‘This is not an appropriate investment. It’s a great place to work and it’s a great company that does important work. But airlines are not an investment.’”

-Robert Crandall

Agreed on Amazon's packaging however these days it is made out of very young trees. We have more wood pulp than you can shake a box at these days and it's sustainable.

For this maybe the government should get involved airlines will always have problems weather, war, disease, economics, fuel prices... 

The airlines have to be bailed out that isn't even in question.

And the airlines should have access to loans. Not grants. And let us not forget the reason why travel within the US is so expensive is consolidation. That was a huge mistake to allow it to happen. Really tragic for the American people. 

• Haha 1

A post using Twitter content has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Do you have a source for your claims?

your laziness is biblical. you will be humoured one last time....here:

also....and this is laughably evil...Pelosi wants 35 million for the operations and maintenance

due to corona virus for Kennedy Centre of performing Arts....throw this ass in jail.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/congressional-democrats-add-last-minute-ideological-demands-to-coronavirus-relief-package/?taid=5e7970e1e370aa0001621da7&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Talk about the castle cheering for the butchers while heading to the slaughter house 

"Here’s why Senate Democrats want to give Social Security beneficiaries an extra $200 per month amid coronavirus scare "

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., put forward a proposal last week that included Social Security income. However, because the plan uses income from 2018 tax returns as a qualifier, it could leave out those who don’t file with the IRS because their income is too low. " 

And would leave me out also because I started receiving in 2020!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/senate-democrats-want-to-boost-social-security-by-200-per-month.html

" Trump on GOP’s $500 Billion Slush Fund: ‘I’ll Be the Oversight’"

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/trump-on-usd500-billion-slush-fund-ill-be-the-oversight.html

What should he use? income qualifiers from 2020 or 2021?  Really? For sure if nobody is working, that will not add to their SS allowance. At that point, I suspect your income would be quite low if any.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, albertik said:

What should he use? income qualifiers from 2020 or 2021?  Really? For sure if nobody is working, that will not add to their SS allowance. At that point, I suspect your income would be quite low if any.

Use Nothing!!

everyone who collects SS gets the extra $200. I realise that some who don't need it might get it, but we are not about to cut our nose of to spite our face. 

I did not understand anything after the first sentence of this post. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Use Nothing!!

everyone who collects SS gets the extra $200. I realise that some who don't need it might get it, but we are not about to cut our nose of to spite our face. 

I did not understand anything after the first sentence of this post. 

I am not surprised. If the economy shuts down, you will not have an income. If you don't have any income for 2020 then your 10 year (40 quarters) will decrease your eventual SS income. 

I personally already receive SS but I would sacrifice any increase for the benefit of those more in need. BTW  I am not rich and could use an extra 200$/month.

2020 income taxes haven't even been recorded so how is the Govt supposed to assess that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Listening to the trump apologists it amazes me to listen to the cattle cheering for the butchers while heading to the slaughterhouse.

INCREDIBLE!!!!!   

Sorry, but that is totally nonsensical. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Regarding your source, I point you to the very first sentence:  "A senior Republican Senate aide tells NRO:"

I thought Trump supporters didn't like anonymous sources.

Does the article say that the source was anonymous and wanted to remain that way?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, albertik said:

Are you  referring to when he closed the border to try to prevent the spread? <SNIP>

No. BTW now that Covid is in all States of the US, do you remember the pearl of wisdom below from trump? 

"A virus that starts in China, bleeds its way into various countries all around the world, doesn't spread widely at all in the United States because of the early actions that myself and my administration took,

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, albertik said:

Yeah, you are right... I don't get it, but at least I wont have to  read anymore pure BS. I agree to giving assistance to those who need it now, but not to Planned Parenthood or subsidies for anything unrelated to the current crises.  Wind and solar farms? I think that can be viewed at some point in the future.  Not now.

If you don't believe what I am telling you all you need to do is look at Pelosi"s  opposition to the bill being discussed.  Reducing aircraft carbon footprints?  To quote Uncle Joe " comon man"

Please provide links as I did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You should find it informative to understand exactly what the Dems are offering, Some of the Dem's line items are proposing to fulfil airline industry request, which the GOP package has failed to do. IMO fair enough to request transitioning to a lower carbon footprint if they are offering billions in grants. I'm sure you will remember trump's insistence quid pro quo is perfectly acceptable.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/airlines-would-get-37-billion-in-grants-in-pelosi-s-virus-plan

This is not the time to add a lot of pork to the bill.  Pretty basic concept. Review carbon footprint later. Not when the country and people are in need of jobs and employment. Boeing, whether you like them or not, employ 1000's and their suppliers employ 1000's more, ergo sustenance for the working guy or gal.

• Like 2