Chiang Mai Immigration: Promenada office closed

jackdd

I just saw on Facebook that the Promenada office is closed and tourist visa extensions are done at the immigration office near the airport.

Some people here are probably at the immigration office already, can you confirm this?

"Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau Moved back to provide services to foreigners at the Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau, No. 71, Moo 3, Suthep Subdistrict, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, because Promenada Resort Mall, Chiang Mai is closed for business According to the order Chiang Mai Provincial Governor, since 25 March 63 Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement, "

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/

• Like 2

Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement,

It will move back to serve foreigners at 71 M. 3 T.Suthep A. Mueang Chiangmai province Since Promenada shopping mall Chiang Mai's is temporarily closing, According to the Chiang Mai governor, From 25 March 2020 onward

19 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just going to cram even more people in to the airport offices. A great opportunity for the virus to really spread it's wings?

Perhaps engaging a Visa Agent may erase the fears of catching the Corona virus at the Airport Immgr Dept. To do your Visa.s requirements????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Just going to cram even more people in to the airport offices. A great opportunity for the virus to really spread it's wings?

I think the government is discouraging people to go window-shopping at shopping malls to reduce the number of people.

This is temporary until the virus figures go down.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Well, let's look at it from another perspective.

Are foreigners' health more important than Thai citizens' health?

Apparently, considerably less important, based on the way they're handling things...

Though it's worth noting, lots of Thais working in, and coming into, Immigration offices as well... agents, etc...

They really ought to be shifting to some different kind of processing approach to reflect the current situation with the virus...for everyone's sake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement,

It will move back to serve foreigners at 71 M. 3 T.Suthep A. Mueang Chiangmai province Since Promenada shopping mall Chiang Mai's is temporarily closing, According to the Chiang Mai governor, From 25 March 2020 onward

Okay, just curious, 23 March 2020, A friend asked me to drop him at Promenada to do a 90 day report. He said not to wait, he would use Grab to get back to town. If Prom isn't closing until 25 March, what are the odds my friend was able to do his report?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Okay, just curious, 23 March 2020, A friend asked me to drop him at Promenada to do a 90 day report. He said not to wait, he would use Grab to get back to town. If Prom isn't closing until 25 March, what are the odds my friend was able to do his report?

The odds are 3.762 to 1 in favor of a successful report.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

"Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau Moved back to provide services to foreigners at the Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau, No. 71, Moo 3, Suthep Subdistrict, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, because Promenada Resort Mall, Chiang Mai is closed for business According to the order Chiang Mai Provincial Governor, since 25 March 63 Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement, "

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/

according to that website it seems they are still closing for Songkran?

• Sad 1

Well let me give you some first hand input cuz I went down to Prom with a friend at 7:30 this A.M.  A REAL FUN DAY  ! !  Got down there at approx 7:45.  There were maybe 50-75 people already on post.  About half hour later nsomeone announced that they wee4 closed and all should ngo to the Immigatioin by the airport.  This annoyed me as I had earlier if the Prom was the one to go to.  Being assured it was we got there reasonably early.  Well we then proceeded to Airport Immigration.  Upon arrival there we found somewhere like 300 or so people in line and under some tents out by the front.  Struggling for a parking spot we eventually got inside the door and asked as assistant volunteer where to do what we wanted which was the 90 day report.  He did go to the counter which I now saw had a clear plastic sheet hung from the ceiling to maybe 2 feet below the front of the service counter all the way from the left wall to the right wall...maybe 100 feet in distance.

He returned to tell us that this was no longer ddone at this office and we had to go to  Prom....  Of course we said we just came from there, but only tell us that if we wanted to file th4e3 90 Day report .... then  go back.....  We did only to find the4 mall now open and at the Immig office upstairs along long line of several hunded happy happy folks....   

At this point I had serious thoughts of moving out of Thailand.   Needless to say we were not happy campers at this point.   

More to c

ome when my hands get un -- tired of typing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

At this point I had serious thoughts of moving out of Thailand.   Needless to say we were not happy campers at this point.   

More to c

ome when my hands get un -- tired of typing.

I don't really understand why people still go physically to immigration with all the pandemic going on for their 90 day report.

It has been mentioned many times that it can be done online within a 14 to 7 days window before the 90 days expiry date.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't really understand why people still go physically to immigration with all the pandemic going on for their 90 day report.

It has been mentioned many times that it can be done online within a 14 to 7 days window before the 90 days expiry date.

My friend has never successfully done his 90 day on line, that's why he went. I use an agent to do my 90 day reports because I've read so many posts regarding unsuccessful attempts to do it online. I do agree with you about staying away from Immigration whenever possible, especially in these times.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

My friend has never successfully done his 90 day on line, that's why he went. I use an agent to do my 90 day reports because I've read so many posts regarding unsuccessful attempts to do it online. I do agree with you about staying away from Immigration whenever possible, especially in these times.

I think it's because you are not doing the right way. It has to be done within a certain time window and data has to be entered correctly.

I have done many 90 day report online and never had any problems.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So they don't want people casually rubbing shoulders when shopping. But it's perfectly fine to cram masses of foreigners into an overcrowded Immigration Office?  If there's any logic or common sense there, it escapes me.

Do not think you are alone with the bewilderment.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

Not everyone wants to have Internet Explorer as another virus trap on their computer.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Do it by mail ,very easy,any excuse not to go near an Immigration office,

I used to do it online,but have new passport,and must leave and enter

Thailand to be able to use online again.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

I think it's because you are not doing the right way. It has to be done within a certain time window and data has to be entered correctly.

I have done many 90 day report online and never had any problems.

I have done many online 90 day reports with little problem. 

NEVER been able to do my wife's online always by mail, again very little problem.

Register out 18 baht, 3 baht stamp for return envelope.