BANGKOK
jackdd

Chiang Mai Immigration: Promenada office closed

I just saw on Facebook that the Promenada office is closed and tourist visa extensions are done at the immigration office near the airport.

Some people here are probably at the immigration office already, can you confirm this?

Posted (edited)

I could be wrong.

I was told originally that Prom office opening now was for foreign worker Visa, etc. not retirement/tourist extensions.

Edited by bkk6060

Moved to here for local input. 

• Thanks 1

"Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau Moved back to provide services to foreigners at the Chiang Mai Immigration Bureau, No. 71, Moo 3, Suthep Subdistrict, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, because Promenada Resort Mall, Chiang Mai is closed for business According to the order Chiang Mai Provincial Governor, since 25 March 63 Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement, "

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/

• Like 2

Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement,

It will move back to serve foreigners at 71 M. 3 T.Suthep A. Mueang Chiangmai province Since Promenada shopping mall Chiang Mai's is temporarily closing, According to the Chiang Mai governor, From 25 March 2020 onward

NO surprise!

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just going to cram even more people in to the airport offices. A great opportunity for the virus to really spread it's wings?

Perhaps engaging a Visa Agent may erase the fears of catching the Corona virus at the Airport Immgr Dept. To do your Visa.s requirements😀

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Just going to cram even more people in to the airport offices. A great opportunity for the virus to really spread it's wings?

I think the government is discouraging people to go window-shopping at shopping malls to reduce the number of people.

This is temporary until the virus figures go down.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Well, let's look at it from another perspective.

Are foreigners' health more important than Thai citizens' health?

Apparently, considerably less important, based on the way they're handling things...

Though it's worth noting, lots of Thais working in, and coming into, Immigration offices as well... agents, etc...

They really ought to be shifting to some different kind of processing approach to reflect the current situation with the virus...for everyone's sake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Chiang Mai Immigration Announcement,

It will move back to serve foreigners at 71 M. 3 T.Suthep A. Mueang Chiangmai province Since Promenada shopping mall Chiang Mai's is temporarily closing, According to the Chiang Mai governor, From 25 March 2020 onward

Okay, just curious, 23 March 2020, A friend asked me to drop him at Promenada to do a 90 day report. He said not to wait, he would use Grab to get back to town. If Prom isn't closing until 25 March, what are the odds my friend was able to do his report?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Okay, just curious, 23 March 2020, A friend asked me to drop him at Promenada to do a 90 day report. He said not to wait, he would use Grab to get back to town. If Prom isn't closing until 25 March, what are the odds my friend was able to do his report?

The odds are 3.762 to 1 in favor of a successful report.

• Haha 2