Chiang Mai: Westerners and Asians still wandering around - some wearing masks

webfact

Chiang Mai: Westerners and Asians still wandering around - some wearing masks

8pm.jpg

Picture: Chiang Mai News

Chiang Mai News reported that tourists from the West and Asia were still wandering around tourist attractions and shopping areas in the northern Thai city.

Some were wearing masks, they said in their report that was dated on Thursday and thus a little out of step with recent developments. 

They did publish figures from immigration about what tourists and foreigners there were in the visiting and residing in the province. 

Many of these overlapped. 

Up to the 17th of March there were 80,094 tourists on temporary stays. 

There were 1,701 resident foreigners.

There were 76,501 on 90 day visas. 

A total of 88,317 migrant workers from three countries were in the province. 

Some 99,731 were on 15 day exemption visas. 

Source: Chiang Mai News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-23
  • Thanks 1

Normal facemasks dont protect against the virus, they protect against dust or saliva and so but not against the virus. Just foolish and stupid to think your protected against the virus if you use those masks. Only ones happy if people use them is the producers of the masks and those who sell them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fortunately, Chiang Mai will likely be mostly an exit hub for tourists and workers returning to their own countries or provinces. Only BKK people might decide this is a safer place to reside in their second homes. On our Moobahn we have several empty houses owned by BKK people, at present. 

However, the planes keep coming and going, albeit not as many as before - no lockdown there, and I expect the same laxity at land borders. All in all, not a pleasant future to look forward too..

11 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Normal facemasks would prevent an infected person, who is wearing a mask, spitting/coughing/sneezing at you. There is a minor benefit in wearing them.

In a civilized society yes .. but here I have seen people pulling them down to cough and sneeze!!

Just now, Berkshire said:

Went to the Makro today, not wearing a mask.  I'd say around 95% of the people there were wearing, customers and staff.  Felt sort of like a lawless renegade.  Might have to conform soon.

nah  dont do it

• Like 2

Doctors and nurses need masks but can´t get them because all other people buy them, what´s not necessary.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

I am wearing a mask too - but a PM2.5 one because the super bad air.

Edited by CNXexpat
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Woke-tards call it COVID19....the WHO renamed it to deflect attention and responsibility from their paymaster China 

who saw it as loss of face. But we will never let them forget that it was they who brought China Flu

to the world. That will stay with them forever ....as their top contribution to the human race.

One of the things that hardly gets a mention is 'nose-hair'.

There is a technique, developed during the Napoleonic wars, when there was smoke in the air, that makes breathing relatively safe. I think it goes by the name of 'loggenbordon' or similar.

Take three small breaths through the nose and exhale one big breath through the mouth.

Why the nose-hair is important, is that it is the first barrier to the nasties in the air. All those little hairs, filtering out the baddies. After an hour, give the nose a good blow and continue. If you are like me and have been constantly pulling out your nose-hair with pliers, now is the time to stop.

It was mentioned on George Galloway's MOATS last night.

Edited by owl sees all
spelt pliers inncorectly
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Why the nose-hair is important, is that it is the first barrier to the nasties in the air. All those little hairs, filtering out the baddies. After an hour, give the nose a good blow and continue. If you are like me and have been constantly pulling out your nose-hair with plyers, now is the time to stop.

There are thing called trimmers for nose and ear hair. Pliers sounds drastic and painful.

3 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

There are in my area chemist do not have any and if they do charging well over the odds as mask are not really all that good to combat chinese flu 

Big C are selling them 4 for 10 baht, got today, in Bkk though, if you wear one you dont touch your face and nose- it's not the flu.