Chiang Mai: Westerners and Asians still wandering around - some wearing masks

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Westerners and Asians still wandering around - some wearing masks

Not wearing a mask while wondering around the most polluted city on the planet? ???? Maybe they can't find any for sale due to the hording...????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Normal facemasks would prevent an infected person, who is wearing a mask, spitting/coughing/sneezing at you. There is a minor benefit in wearing them.

But if a person needs to spit or cough and is near you what would they do , they would take off the mask surely , if you cough up something disgusting you need to dispose of it not spit into the face mask. My TW puts her mask on when we get in the car , the car is a Vios not a Virus , what is in the car that is catching ? 

4 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

There are in my area chemist do not have any and if they do charging well over the odds as mask are not really all that good to combat chinese flu 

1 hour ago, ToThailand said:

Normal facemasks dont protect against the virus, they protect against dust or saliva and so but not against the virus. Just foolish and stupid to think your protected against the virus if you use those masks. Only ones happy if people use them is the producers of the masks and those who sell them.

Two absolutely moronic responses. Just ask yourself, what is best protection? Wearing a mask? No wearing a mask? Nobody have ever said it´s a guaranteed protection. The only thing that guarantees protection is a vaccine, but we don´t have that yet. 

So, guys! Please let common sense prevail and understand how incredibly stupid your posts were. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ToThailand said:

Normal facemasks dont protect against the virus, they protect against dust or saliva and so but not against the virus. Just foolish and stupid to think your protected against the virus if you use those masks. Only ones happy if people use them is the producers of the masks and those who sell them.

In a small way they do but under times like this even going back 2 months commonsense would have told an intelligent person to be aware and keep a distance from any potential virus carrier. 

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Two absolutely moronic responses. Just ask yourself, what is best protection? Wearing a mask? No wearing a mask? Nobody have ever said it´s a guaranteed protection. The only thing that guarantees protection is a vaccine, but we don´t have that yet. 

So, guys! Please let common sense prevail and understand how incredibly stupid your posts were. 

You are 100% correct yet I see that many post have little to do with people having commonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

A present for those that thinks the face mask are useless...

yesterday in Chiang Mai

444C55DC-B163-4075-98A8-9AE7E138169F.jpeg

masks   are  not necessary for COVID 19 except  if you are coughing sneezing in which case you SHOULD  NOT be  out in the public or are taking care of a  sick person no one is mentioning air   quality use .....except  you

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

Doctors and nurses need masks but can´t get them because all other people buy them, what´s not necessary.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

I am wearing a mask too - but a PM2.5 one because the super bad air.

Yes  all those  shouting "morons"  when the actual people on the front  line WH0  REALLY NEED  them maybe wont be able to get them...still when your  lying there on yer ventilator and they say sorry  doc  is  sick ETC

Most Thais dont have the slightest clue  how to wear them, have the wrong  masks, constantly fiddle with them,  total  waste of  time,they cant even distance themselves from  other people.

5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Yes  all those  shouting "morons"  when the actual people on the front  line WH0  REALLY NEED  them maybe wont be able to get them...still when your  lying there on yer ventilator and they say sorry  doc  is  sick ETC

Most Thais dont have the slightest clue  how to wear them, have the wrong  masks, constantly fiddle with them,  total  waste of  time,they cant even distance themselves from  other people.

If they wear. But they are still happy to hang around outside without wearing masks and blame the foreigners.

90699347_10159731263312942_6841802663948976128_n.jpg

46 minutes ago, Chazar said:

masks   are  not necessary for COVID 19

In your opinion????

About the pollutions level and air quality in Chiang Mai, was mentioned before, and I feel good to make a mention for those who wants To hear.

Edited by Tarteso

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Woke-tards call it COVID19....the WHO renamed it to deflect attention and responsibility from their paymaster China 

who saw it as loss of face. But we will never let them forget that it was they who brought China Flu

to the world. That will stay with them forever ....as their top contribution to the human race.

Spanish flu

There have been statements that the epidemic originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated in 2003 that the flu originated in Kansas,[21] and popular author John Barry described Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin in his 2004 article.[11] It has also been stated by historian Santiago Mata in 2017 that, by late 1917, there had already been a first wave of the epidemic in at least 14 US military camps.[22]

A 2018 study of tissue slides and medical reports led by evolutionary biology professor Michael Worobey found evidence against the disease originating from Kansas as those cases were milder and had fewer deaths compared to the situation in New York City in the same time period. The study did find evidence through phylogenetic analyses that the virus likely had a North American origin, though it was not conclusive. In addition, the haemagglutinin glycoproteins of the virus suggest that it was around far prior to 1918 and other studies suggest that the reassortment of the H1N1 virus likely occurred in or around 1915.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

So if somebody sneezes or coughs towards your face wearing no facemask is just fine and  dandy. I just don't believe facemasks are useless and besides, any proventative measure of spreading or getting infected is better than none. 

Wear them when you are sick, no need it not sick 

I cycled across the old city yesterday and today. Both times i only saw two farang tourists. And possibly two thai tourists going into Chedi Luang, they might have been locals. I stopped at the entrance looked in and there was nobody there except the guards at the gate. Very quiet all over. Some shops and businesses shuttered. Feels like something bad is coming.

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Facemasks make other people FEEL safe.

At least it's a signal that the wearer has some awareness of what's going on. A t-shirt with a message "leave a 1.5m gap" would be even better.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

I’ll grant you that, the Chinese likely mishandled the virus at the very beginning, whether to “save face” as you suggest or not I’m not willing to speculate. So, sure. Meantime, the US president downplays the virus for two months for political ends, then takes to calling it the “Chinese virus,” because it’s always easier to blame someone else than to address the issue head-on, and people like you lap it up. Meantime, a minister in a Southeast Asian country decides to blame white people for the virus, going so far as to say that white people don’t bathe often enough, thereby confirming the fact that no matter where you go in the world, you’ll find racists hiding under the rocks.

You’re more than welcome to “direct your anger” into any corner you wish, but given the relentless indifference of the virus itself, you’re only, to recast a crude expression, urinating in the wind.

Wow -- “woke-tards” -- cool! Did you make that up all by yourself?

another china apologist who thinks the China virus is all trumps fault...you would

probably love Italy's "hug a chinese and post it on instagram" initiative....see how that

worked out. Woke-tards are a threat to everyone and themselves.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

At least it's a signal that the wearer has some awareness of what's going on. A t-shirt with a message "leave a 1.5m gap" would be even better.

I’m kinda getting into the mask wearing trend.  It really helps to accentuate my eyes when I roll them at people.

3 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

I’ll grant you that, the Chinese likely mishandled the virus at the very beginning, whether to “save face” as you suggest or not I’m not willing to speculate. So, sure. Meantime, the US president downplays the virus for two months for political ends, then takes to calling it the “Chinese virus,” because it’s always easier to blame someone else than to address the issue head-on, and people like you lap it up. Meantime, a minister in a Southeast Asian country decides to blame white people for the virus, going so far as to say that white people don’t bathe often enough, thereby confirming the fact that no matter where you go in the world, you’ll find racists hiding under the rocks.

You’re more than welcome to “direct your anger” into any corner you wish, but given the relentless indifference of the virus itself, you’re only, to recast a crude expression, urinating in the wind.

Wow -- “woke-tards” -- cool! Did you make that up all by yourself?

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The flu that has decimated healthcare systems worldwide, cost thousands of lives and ruined the global economy.

It originated in Wuhan, China.

Named by CNN, MSNBC etc as China Flu when it was first uncovered.

I like the name...makes it easy to know who to direct my anger at.

No logic in that. 100 years ago the Spanish Flu was actually an American Flu from the Midwest according to an American documentary on YouTube.

14 hours ago, Ridler said:

Wear them when you are sick, no need it not sick 

How do you know you are not sick?

...and why would you not wear a mask to avoid getting sick?

Your logic is so 8 weeks ago.

16 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

another china apologist who thinks the China virus is all trumps fault...you would

probably love Italy's "hug a chinese and post it on instagram" initiative....see how that

worked out. Woke-tards are a threat to everyone and themselves.

Christ man, I've never heard ANYONE ANYWHERE blame Trump for the COVID.  Many have criticized his initial response and even today, blame him for giving out false info.  That has nothing to do with the Chinese.  You seem bent on hating the Chinese.  How is that helpful? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Christ man, I've never heard ANYONE ANYWHERE blame Trump for the COVID.  Many have criticized his initial response and even today, blame him for giving out false info.  That has nothing to do with the Chinese.  You seem bent on hating the Chinese.  How is that helpful? 

what false info....they keep saying its false info...then in 48 hrs or so, turns 

out its 100% correct.

They created a stink about his remarks on hydrochloroquine....Faucci called its success anecdotal...

turns out he was absolutely right...it has been successful.

They said his initial response to ban china and eu travellers was reckless and racist...once again he was right.

They have lost there minds over their hatred of a lawfully elected president.

I went to a pet shop this morning and was going to buy a large amount of hay. As I enter an old, frail woman emphatically demands in panic that I put a mask on. I coughed in her general direction and bought the hay from another store.

More Thais now wearing the masks.