Govt banning dine-in?

EricTh

This morning, I just went to a Thai food-court in Chiang Mai where many stalls share the tables and chairs.

Lo and behold, all the tables and chairs are now gone and there is an announcement written in Thai (no English) saying something about COVID-19. I could read some words and it says it starts today until 13 April.

Yes, we can buy and take-away our food but dine-in isn't allowed. Not sure about the rest of the food-courts though.

Edited by EricTh

No dine-in allowed anymore. ONLY take-away. Grab and Foodpanda are happy. Many restaurants organised their own delivery because the delivery services charge 30% of the food price. Check out the Facebook foodie group "Chiang Mai Eats".

Edited by CNXexpat
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

No dine-in allowed anymore. ONLY take-away. Grab and Foodpanda are happy. Many restaurants organised their own delivery because the delivery services charge 30% of the food price. Check out the Facebook group "Chiang Mai Eats".

No wonder I could see tons of Foodpanda staff running around in their motorbikes. They are doing a roaring business.

Two days ago, I spotted a few Foodpanda staff waiting at KFC counter in Central Festival which I found strange. Part of the eating section was closed to public. 

I didn't expect it would come to this extent.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

There seems very little continuity, even in the same Province. whilst in Pattaya and Jomtien the new rule seems to be enforced, but at the weekend bars cafes and restaurants were operating just as normal in Bangsarey, with groups of falangs sat together drinking and chatting in close proximity just as usual.

Edited by 19DL86
Little not title

Just now, 19DL86 said:

There seems very title continuity, even in the same Province. whilst in Pattaya and Jomtien the new rule seems to be enforced, but at the weekend bars cafes and restaurants were operating just as normal in Bangsarey, with groups of falangs sat together drinking and chatting in close proximity just as usual.

That will certainly be the end of bars for Farang because the main reason they go to bars is to drink beer together with their friends or bar girls.

I noticed they have got the tape out in places that will stay open. Banks are one of these but we will also be remaining 2 metres apart at the 7/11 ! However I did notice their tape strips looked somewhat less than 2 metres!

Kasem store near the day market will remain open (I just asked them).

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

I noticed they have got the tape out in places that will stay open. Banks are one of these but we will also be remaining 2 metres apart at the 7/11 ! However I did notice their tape strips looked somewhat less than 2 metres!

Kasem store near the day market will remain open (I just asked them).

Will have to go out and take a look as stayed home today.. How do you stay 2 meters away from the cash register or bank teller people? Sort of like grasping for straws in some way or the other and seems very late in the game because of the reluctance of the inept government to control things properly. . 

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

2 meter spacing impossible in there

Darn sight easier than 7/11 !!

No one in 7/11 but I had to detour around the back because I didn't want to have to go through the cluster of unoccupied employees between me and the fridge. Then when paying for the item I bought she wanted me to put cash on desk and she took from desk. But , but that is useless if the cash has the virus! Just like the Buddhist temple, can't hand directly to the monk !!  :wacko:

That will certainly be the end of bars for Farang because the main reason they go to bars is to drink beer together with their friends or bar girls.

Reply EricTH  thank you for educating me to the role of a bar, there was me getting it all wrong for the past 13 years ???????? 

• Like 2