Phuket Immigration jammed with foreigners, expats on non-immigrant visas forced to leave the country

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just announce whatever legal visa you have now that is not in overstay before March 01 is extended automatically to Jan 2021.

because that would be the logical thing to do ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

I think he might be doing marriage extensions from either Laos or Vietnam, where you can get 12 month multi entry extensions for family/marriage without having to provide proof of funds/income.   I believe the cost is 5000 baht (or equivalent in US dollars in Vietnam).   The criteria though is you have to do a border hop every 90 days.   Given the new requirement of Covid-19 free certification plus $100,000 insurance, that must be a nightmare for those who have this type of visa.

You're referring to visa, not extensions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're referring to visa, not extensions.

I know, but is the only plausible reason for having to border hop every 90 days with a non O Marriage.   Perhaps he'll come back and explain more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

Instead of being compassionate and chop  exceptional circumstances Visa to those on 30 days visit ,NO ,you must pay 1900tb for the chop.what a F RIP OFF!!! I WONDER FOR HOW LONG? MAYBE WEEKLY 1900TB .NICE LITTLE SIDE EARNER to make up for those not coming in.555

How many western countries are that “compassionate”? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the westerners who are now complaining about not being granted generosity, are the same ones who don’t even wanna have refugees get permits to stay in their home countries. 

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just announce whatever legal visa you have now that is not in overstay before March 01 is extended automatically to Jan 2021.

Cancel all 90 day reporting until Jan 2021.

Close the borders 100%. you can leave if you want to.

Reassign immigration police to border and lock down patrol.

Too sensible won't happen 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I live isolated with no threat of getting infected nor my family. We are already in lockdown on a big property and have to do a border run in april but i will be forced to have a chance of catching the disease? I have a weakened immune system from an underlying condition so its sort of a death sentence. Ive lived here for decades and my family cant survive but i cant take them to Australia because w ehaveno one to look after our property and livestock. Its not going to happen. 

This is because of the stupid 90day rubbish. Cancel it. I have a 12month visa basically non o marriage. This is a good example as to why this stupid 90day border running should be stopped. 

Went into Yasothon today for the extension,they said they will grant it on presentation of 

embassy letter,so I rang the Embassy and they said they will not do the letter.I rang later and got the supervisor and explained my situation and he told me to email; [email protected]

I've just sent them an email(after the first just disappeared without a trace) and will see how that goes.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

If it's a one year extension then no change to the the procedure. 

still my Embassy would correctly say that if I want to stay here or not........ is my decision and not theirs

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Went into Yasothon today for the extension,they said they will grant it on presentation of 

embassy letter,so I rang the Embassy and they said they will not do the letter.I rang later and got the supervisor and explained my situation and he told me to email; [email protected]

I've just sent them an email(after the first just disappeared without a trace) and will see how that goes.

ill be in the same position in early May, this is a <deleted>ty situation already making it even more <deleted>.

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

My Non O Marriage extension is due to be renewed next month so obviously concerned at the possibility of having to leave the country on expiry.   My wife has just phoned Hat Yai Immigration (they are the approval authority for Phuket marriage extensions) and was told I will get my extension as normal.   The British Embassy letter that is now available is for tourists unable to travel home, not Thai domiciled UK expats.

are there any british tourists unable to travel home? if so why?! there are plenty of flights available... a friend booked one today on Thai to  LHR for this saturday

Oh dear- only three (make that 4 now) comments from people actually IN Phuket.

Any chance you other chaps could toddle off to your own forums and leave this clear for stuff actually relevant to PHUKET? 

The clutter and drivel really is quite annoying- I may require counselling.

On that note any Brits in Phuket or elsewhere needing extensions this may be helpful- its details of how to obtain a visa extension letter. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand?fbclid=IwAR1akI7vjLNCeYl82oy9-tuF7NmqUB3T-W6JjBx3omCNQFfxzwpaWGUnwz8#covid-19-visa-extension-letter

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chowny77 said:

So BKK Immigration head office said it would be fine to extend visas immaterial of the visas nature until the situation is under control. Just fill in the form and pay the fee. But Phuket Immigration are using their own set of rules and making it up as they go along. I would of been straight on the hotline to Immigration asking who actually sets the rules, Phuket or Bangkok? Useless bunch of time wasters all of them anyway

The problem is the phrase 'at the immigration officer's discretion'. Which means they can indeed make up their own rules. It was always so.

just what we need, more confusion ... 

hope some Immigration dude have some heart (lol) and decide :  All visa's extended till END OF CRISIS instead of this money mongering 30 days for 1900 baht and in some cases 1900 baht for 7 days, the new MONEY MAKER ....

5 hours ago, pagallim said:

My Non O Marriage extension is due to be renewed next month so obviously concerned at the possibility of having to leave the country on expiry.   My wife has just phoned Hat Yai Immigration (they are the approval authority for Phuket marriage extensions) and was told I will get my extension as normal.   The British Embassy letter that is now available is for tourists unable to travel home, not Thai domiciled UK expats.

I am not questioning but querying your "thai domiciled' quote, i thought that domiciled referred to your country of residence, not country you are allowed to stay in with a visa ?

Edited by Almer
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

I am not questioning but querying your "thai domiciled' quote, i thought that domiciled referred to your country of residence, not country you are allowed to stay in with a visa ?

Domiciled as in habitually living in, as is the case with most using retirement or marriage extensions for whom if meeting the Immigration requirements, residence could be another term.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Instead of being compassionate and chop  exceptional circumstances Visa to those on 30 days visit ,NO ,you must pay 1900tb for the chop.what a F RIP OFF!!! I WONDER FOR HOW LONG? MAYBE WEEKLY 1900TB .NICE LITTLE SIDE EARNER to make up for those not coming in.555

Make a stand and refuse to pay.

Let us know how you get on.

Get Issaan lawyers on the case.

14 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I live isolated with no threat of getting infected nor my family. We are already in lockdown on a big property and have to do a border run in april but i will be forced to have a chance of catching the disease? I have a weakened immune system from an underlying condition so its sort of a death sentence. Ive lived here for decades and my family cant survive but i cant take them to Australia because w ehaveno one to look after our property and livestock. Its not going to happen. 

This is because of the stupid 90day rubbish. Cancel it. I have a 12month visa basically non o marriage. This is a good example as to why this stupid 90day border running should be stopped. 

Keep those happy thoughts of no threat of getting the virus.