BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket Immigration jammed with foreigners, expats on non-immigrant visas forced to leave the country

A troll post has been removed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just announce whatever legal visa you have now that is not in overstay before March 01 is extended automatically to Jan 2021.

because that would be the logical thing to do ....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Walking, Bicycle, Motorbike or car.

Why so sad @Thaiwrath ? Did you really take that one seriously?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

I think he might be doing marriage extensions from either Laos or Vietnam, where you can get 12 month multi entry extensions for family/marriage without having to provide proof of funds/income.   I believe the cost is 5000 baht (or equivalent in US dollars in Vietnam).   The criteria though is you have to do a border hop every 90 days.   Given the new requirement of Covid-19 free certification plus $100,000 insurance, that must be a nightmare for those who have this type of visa.

You're referring to visa, not extensions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're referring to visa, not extensions.

I know, but is the only plausible reason for having to border hop every 90 days with a non O Marriage.   Perhaps he'll come back and explain more.

• Like 1

How is an expat on a non-immigrant visa “forced to leave the country”? Isn’t it the other way round—when you have a visa, you’re able to stay? 

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

Instead of being compassionate and chop  exceptional circumstances Visa to those on 30 days visit ,NO ,you must pay 1900tb for the chop.what a F RIP OFF!!! I WONDER FOR HOW LONG? MAYBE WEEKLY 1900TB .NICE LITTLE SIDE EARNER to make up for those not coming in.555

How many western countries are that “compassionate”? I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the westerners who are now complaining about not being granted generosity, are the same ones who don’t even wanna have refugees get permits to stay in their home countries. 

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Why make it simple when you can make it complicated ?

Or as we say in Germany too "simple is boring". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

What a country they make mountains of paperwork, now they make queues.

If you had lived in Chiang Mai you would have got used to much longer queue's than that many years ago !

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just announce whatever legal visa you have now that is not in overstay before March 01 is extended automatically to Jan 2021.

Cancel all 90 day reporting until Jan 2021.

Close the borders 100%. you can leave if you want to.

Reassign immigration police to border and lock down patrol.

Too sensible won't happen 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I live isolated with no threat of getting infected nor my family. We are already in lockdown on a big property and have to do a border run in april but i will be forced to have a chance of catching the disease? I have a weakened immune system from an underlying condition so its sort of a death sentence. Ive lived here for decades and my family cant survive but i cant take them to Australia because w ehaveno one to look after our property and livestock. Its not going to happen. 

This is because of the stupid 90day rubbish. Cancel it. I have a 12month visa basically non o marriage. This is a good example as to why this stupid 90day border running should be stopped. 

Went into Yasothon today for the extension,they said they will grant it on presentation of 

embassy letter,so I rang the Embassy and they said they will not do the letter.I rang later and got the supervisor and explained my situation and he told me to email; consular.bangkok@dfat.gov.au

I've just sent them an email(after the first just disappeared without a trace) and will see how that goes.

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

If it's a one year extension then no change to the the procedure. 

still my Embassy would correctly say that if I want to stay here or not........ is my decision and not theirs

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Went into Yasothon today for the extension,they said they will grant it on presentation of 

embassy letter,so I rang the Embassy and they said they will not do the letter.I rang later and got the supervisor and explained my situation and he told me to email; consular.bangkok@dfat.gov.au

I've just sent them an email(after the first just disappeared without a trace) and will see how that goes.

ill be in the same position in early May, this is a <deleted>ty situation already making it even more <deleted>.