BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket Immigration jammed with foreigners, expats on non-immigrant visas forced to leave the country

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

But if you want to live in Thailand you have to accept the rules. If living in the country you're supposed to do so on an extension of stay.

Please post the link to the official announcement that states that.

To those Australians who are on a non-imm. o (retirement extension )yesterday I emailed the Australian Consulate in Phuket asking for the support letter. Today I received that letter-it asks Immigration to extend their help to any of us renewing extensions. Mine is not due till June but thought I would be proactive and get it now. Won't know till I renew if needed or not at my office. (Phitsanulok)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzadg44 said:

To those Australians who are on a non-imm. o (retirement extension )yesterday I emailed the Australian Consulate in Phuket asking for the support letter. Today I received that letter-it asks Immigration to extend their help to any of us renewing extensions. Mine is not due till June but thought I would be proactive and get it now. Won't know till I renew if needed or not at my office. (Phitsanulok)

Letter from Embassy/Consul not required for Non O Extensions, only required for TOURIST VISA extensions.   Am extending my Non O tomorrow, and have already confirmed this with Phuket Immigration.

• Like 2

Now when you say 'jammed' are you talking in terms of staying in or staying out of the country?

On 3/24/2020 at 9:02 AM, tifino said:

that ex US falang, that recently got his LOS Citizenship;

- must have been on to something!

who is laughing at him now? 

Why would anyone laugh at someone getting Thai citizenship.

I laugh at the morons who could be eligible but choose not to get it, despite the fact that Thailand actually allows dual citizenship!

1 hour ago, wazzadg44 said:

Mine is due then too but I wouldn't get the letter too early in case Thai immigration says it has to be issued within the last so and so period of time. Also, there is a chance that by June, things will have improved enough for borders to re-open. As of today (of course, this could change by tomorrow but hear me out) there is a chance that border crossings will have re-opened by late April. Keep monitoring the situation and by this time next month, it will become clearer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mngmn said:

Please post the link to the official announcement that states that.

A pity you don't seem to understand the thinking behind the Thai immigration system.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, pagallim said:

Letter from Embassy/Consul not required for Non O Extensions, only required for TOURIST VISA extensions.   Am extending my Non O tomorrow, and have already confirmed this with Phuket Immigration.

Did my annual marriage extension at Phuket Tuesday PM, same as usual.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, NCC1701A said:

why not just announce whatever legal visa you have now that is not in overstay before March 01 is extended automatically to Jan 2021.

Cancel all 90 day reporting until Jan 2021.

Close the borders 100%. you can leave if you want to.

Reassign immigration police to border and lock down patrol.

May I take the liberty of reminding you that the country where we are..

...and to whom you are suggesting to take human and intelligent mesure ... is Thailand 😁

• Like 2