Vehicle registration in Ubon Ratchathani

Michael Hare

I just did the annual registered for my two vehicles. It was drive thru. Wound down the window and gave the officer my documents. Took about 3 minutes. Tomorrow I will go and renew my 5 year driving licence. I don't think that will be drive thru but maybe they will cut out the seminar. 

53 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

don't think that will be drive thru but maybe they will cut out the seminar. 

Keep us updated. That would be a first :smile:

Cross your fingers that there is no government office shutdown on the horizon.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Keep us updated. That would be a first :smile:

Cross your fingers that there is no government office shutdown on the horizon.

I got my new 5-year driving licence today here in Ubon Ratchathani. A few changes since 5 years ago.

The seminar takes place on-line. Went I got to the transport company this morning they informed me that I have to take the seminar on-line. On my computer or download the app on to my mobile phone.

Click into    https://www.dlt-elearning.com/index.php   and follow the instructions. All in Thai. Enter your ID number and then your licence number. Also the date of first issue (on the licence) and the expiry date. Then the I hour seminar starts. Same stuff as before in the room. I went back to my office (10 minutes away) and listened to it from my computer.

After the seminar is finished you have to re-enter your ID number and licence number. Then reconfirm again. A picture comes on the screen saying you have passed listening to the seminar. One must down-load this picture or take a photo.

This I didn’t do. When I returned in the afternoon the lady at the door asked if I had listened to the seminar and where was this confirmation. I thought it would be on their computer. It is, but she had to see this picture of confirmation. No problem. A few clicks here and there on my phone and the picture appeared.

Upstairs it was back to the old days. They check your documents. In my case it was house registration and PR book. For others it will mean one’s passport. Then over to another room to look at coloured traffic lights, press foot brakes and an accelerator and pull strings on some primitive gadget. In all my 26 years of living in Ubon I have never had to do these things before.

Then back to the main room, pay 550 baht and get my photo taken. (Forgot to mention that everyone has to have a face mask on at all times and sit 2 metres apart from other people while waiting).

From the time I entered the building and departed it took 1 hour.

• Thanks 2