Will places like Koh Chang keep running?

JackGats

I live in hotels, half the time in Pattaya, the other half in BKK or in at a beach destination. I am wondering whether it would be wise for me to try and spend the next 3 weeks in Ko Chang or Ko Kood rather than stay in (now boring) Pattaya. I have no idea how things now look like on Ko Chang. Is everything going downhill or the reverse? According to some booking sites many hotels still seem to fill. The sites might be deceitful though.

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Don't believe the: "Only one room left at this price"...they are trying to get you to book quickly.

I know. But there were also quite a few "you're too late, no more rooms available".

Could the Russians be filling the hotels? They're all over the place in Pattaya.

I came back from Koh Mak yesterday, after 2 weeks there.

The island is pretty deserted and not many tourists or guests, so it has actually been one of our best vacations there. (I go there to enjoy the silence and amazing nature/sea)

We always stay at Cinnamon resort, but I saw on FB that "By The Sea" offers 30-40% discount on rooms till 22.04.20.

There are not many guests/tourists, so I would guess people who wants to go Koh Chang, Koh Mak or Koh Kood can get a very good deal on hotel/resort bookings right now.

Cinnamon was discussing whether to close down for 1-2 months due to limited guests.

Only "dangerous" time for Covid19 spread is the 1 hour speedboat trip (either 30 or 60 people crammed together) and only app. 30% was wearing masks.

For 2-3 weeks or more, I think it is brilliant hideaway. 

But if only for a couple of days, then I think people should stay at home.

• Like 1

I was there 10 days ago and I want to go back soon, as Pattaya is dead.

When I was there everything was open; hotels, bars, restaurants.

No idea if everything is still open. Facilities can be withdrawn at anytime.

I asked a travel agent in Pattaya, one of the few who ate still open, about the bus service from Pattaya to Koh Chang hotels. He said they are canceled.

I see there are some still advertising online and apparently taking bookings. Who knows if they will go ahead with the low number of tourists here. This is the one my brother sent me. We are hoping to go on 2nd April.

https://12go.asia/en

On 3/28/2020 at 7:13 PM, nemo38 said:

I was there 10 days ago and I want to go back soon, as Pattaya is dead.

When I was there everything was open; hotels, bars, restaurants.

No idea if everything is still open. Facilities can be withdrawn at anytime.

I asked a travel agent in Pattaya, one of the few who ate still open, about the bus service from Pattaya to Koh Chang hotels. He said they are canceled.

I see there are some still advertising online and apparently taking bookings. Who knows if they will go ahead with the low number of tourists here. This is the one my brother sent me. We are hoping to go on 2nd April.

https://12go.asia/en

Keep in mind that booking thru an agent will have a diiferent result from booking direct if things get cancelled and you are looking for a refund.

21 hours ago, wasabi said:

Shared minibus? I hope the hospitals there are open too.

Everyone had a mask. There were only four people. There were four check points along my the way where we were checked by thermal cameras or those temperature "guns."

It is just the flu anyway...

German Doctor explains the facts Vs the hysteria

• Like 1