Supermarkets only selling 'Essential Items'

digbeth

I live  North of Chiang Mai, visited both Makro and Tesco this morning, the only areas restricted in both stores were electrical and clothing no problem with alcohol ( the main reason for the visit) no restrictions on toiletries, baby clothes and requirements.

The explanation given for the restrictions was to try to reduce customers for non essentials and the time they spent in the store.

Seemed to be working especially in Tesco.

Went to L'Opera this morning, well stocked with delicious patisserie and baguette. Got 3 baguettes, apple pie and apple crumble. So delicious. Then headed to a pet shop, got some hay and headed to Big C past CentFest in CM.

Temperature scanners, a few shelves empty, especially instant noodles and soft drinks, otherwise well stocked.

Non food areas were taped off. So you can buy pet toys but not children's clothes. 

Still, no need to be concerned, of course some shelves will be empty because of the panic buying. They'll just be re-stocked.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:37 AM, johng said:

They seem to do that every weekend anyway,that and clog up the roads.

I don't think anyone living in Bangkok needs a whole lot from Pattaya with the exception of your greatest commodity: Lovely ladies happy to meet new friends.

5 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Lovely ladies happy to meet new friends.

Plenty of ladies in Bangkok..I think they just like to  drive their cars around congested streets and take a few selfies at  some restaurants with beach sunset then back in the car to BKK ????

On 3/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, digbeth said:

Seems fair to the shops that had to close since they're inside malls, can't have other shops selling the same thing still open because they're supermarket and is exempt from the closure/ban 

I don't want to call your opinion moronic, but I'll ask a question. The shops that have been forced to close, how does it help them to not allow supermarkets to sell similar products? It helps no one, and it hurts both the supermarket and every consumer who wants to buy something restricted, and it hurts the overall economy which doesn't get as much of a boost from consumer spending. 

stay well.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, bangkoken said:

I don't think anyone living in Bangkok needs a whole lot from Pattaya with the exception of your greatest commodity: Lovely ladies happy to meet new friends.

I think it's the other way around. People in Pattaya/Jomtien don't want the morons from BKK to go there. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, digbeth said:

I've seen Foodland and Tesco in my area taped off the relevant section this morning, and this is during the normal alcohol selling hours too. so no alcohol at all until April whenever that they lift the malls ban, if they hadn't extend it by then.

Here's your golden opportunity to give up drinking...

11 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

I thought this was the Pattaya forum, not the whole country! I don't care about what they are selling or not selling anywhere except Pattaya.

If you check under the title of this post it is the Bangkok Forum not Pattaya Forum and your post is very selfish.  Info should not have to be town/city specific but let people know how controls are being enforced in different areas.