Chang Wattana, Monday March 23

24 minutes ago, connda said:

The real terrifying thing about this is if large numbers of foreigners seeking visa support start coming down with Covid-19.  They really have the stage set for a domestic outbreak from within the foreign community who are forced to congregate in large numbers instead of staying in their residence and maintaining social distance. 
It boggles the mind because this is the exact opposite of what every health organization and government agency in the world is telling it's citizens to do.  And yet, here we are.  

They should close CW immigration and automatically extend everyones visa for 3 months till this is all over.

I am not going near the place and sent my 90 day report by post.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, connda said:

It boggles the mind because this is the exact opposite of what every health organization and government agency in the world is telling it's citizens to do.  And yet, here we are

Do you ever watch Thai TV? The Mrs was watching something last night (people sing and get gunk dropped on their heads) and there was a large audience closely seated and the usual guests none of whom wore a mask. Just saw the one on a cameraman. 

But your point is valid, tourists have likely had contact with other tourists who may well have recently been in Europe where concentrations are high. 

My visa ends in 7 weeks and the prospects of returning "home" (which had not been anticipated at all) are logistically ridiculous at this point. Frying pan to fire as they say.

Multiple other planned options have been dashed suddenly with border closures and flight reductions. 

I'm hanging in with the hope that visas will be extended, as I don't see this getting any better in 7 weeks. My embassy advised to sit tight, don't travel. So that's what I'm doing. 

Getting on an airplane, visiting Chaeng Wattana? Horrifying prospects and the exact opposite of social distancing. Not gonna happen.