Chumphon governor announcement 23 Mar 2020 re: Covid-19

4evermaat

For those of you who can't read Thai, this is an announcement from the Governor of Chumphon in regards to COVID-19. In order to lower the risk of infection in Chumphon: the following places / areas will be closed until further notice:

1. Service places
2. Places that give service
3. Boxing rings and boxing schools
4. Indoor gyms, Gymnasium and indoor buildings
5. Chicken Fights Arenas
6. Snooker Clubs
7. The Cinema
8. Massage Parlors except the massage parlor at the hospitals is open
9. Fitness or martial arts
10. Internet cafes
11. Karaoke bars
12. All the Theme parks including inside the malls
13. Swimming pools
14. Restaurants and bars (Only open for take-out). Restaurants in the hotels will only serve the guests currently staying at the hotel.
15. Shopping malls except supermarkets, pharmacies, other places that are essential for living, banking and restaurants (only for take-out)
16. Waiting areas, stands nor sit down inside restaurants
17. Fresh market and swap meets (Only open for fresh, dry food to take home, animal food, medicine and other stuff that is deemed essential for living.)
18. Beauty and barber shops (except for appointment only - no customer waiting)
19. Tattoo Parlors
20. Shops related to Buddha
21. Showrooms, meeting rooms and exhibition centers
22. All schools and tutoring schools
23. Beauty clinics
24. Pet Care services that include shower, hair cuts and hotels
25. Golf courses are closed for golf competitions and club houses

This is urgent in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 that may cause damage to public health.

Anyone that does not follow the guidelines will be subject to prison up to one year and a fine up to 100,000 baht.

This is in effect now.

23 March 2020

Signed by the Governor of Chumphon

*Translated by Ku & Ryan Spencer,
SpeakFree Language Center

NOTE: Our translation is not an official notice, you can refer back to the official notice in the Thai Document attached below. Ryan and I did it to try to help foreigners or those who can't read Thai to have a better understanding of the announcement involve everyone who lives in Chumphon.

@Jonathan Fairfield @webfact @ubonjoe et .al. may reach out to SpeakFree directly or myself if any more assistance is needed.   Thanks to SpeakFree Language center for the Unofficial English Translation and the original Thai images is also included in that post and attached here.  I only assume that other provinces in Thailand will issue similar notices.

Chumphon governer covid-19 annoucement 23 March 2020 pg 1 of 2.jpg

Chumphon governer covid-19 annoucement 23 March 2020 pg 2 of 2.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phuketsub said:

Interesting timing; I am listening to a public service announcement over a PA system here in Ranode (Songkhla) that is saying the same basic thing, but tailored to this community...

It shouldn't be all that different wherever you go in Thailand.  I do like the fact that people are still functioning.  Markets are still running. Restaurants are still open (take away food).  It's still thailand.   But just a lot more face masks.    Not sure if the beach will be deserted or not.    Great place to eat your takeaway food.