BANGKOK
mike111

Anyone from View Talay 2? What the buy/sell market there now?

Hi,

Anyone staying long term there? what's the studio unit buy/sell market there now?

Cheers

I live here.... 1.3-1.7 million the asked prices.

• Like 1

Thanks. Would you know if these are the prices they actually get sold at?.

6 minutes ago, mike111 said:

Would you know if these are the prices they actually get sold at?

Only the buyer and seller knows that information.

I doubt it. People chat and details always circulate.

I bet no one sells under the recent situation.... not for 1.7 mill, not for less, than 1 mill... Sellers simple waits for the better times, unless a hurry sell... but I see no one hurry sell... Most of the owners wants to sell are abroad...

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I would offer less then one million.

Make 8 to 10 offers I bet one bites.

Anyone offering me under 1 million i would send to Nirun, where they obviously belong.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

I can try give you a picture of similar circumstance if that might help. I once lived in View Talay 3 for 3-4 years, still visit friends there regularly.  At least 3 of the guys I know have been trying to sell for several years now.

These are all very nice, modern interiors 50 SqM in Building A - so all with uninterrupted sea views on higher floors 7th and 12th.  Dropping from 2.7-3Mil Bt range to 2.2-2.5MBt - NO TAKERS. One had a buyer at 2.25Mil and pulled out a few weeks back lost a big deposit too 250,000Bt.

So I'd say VT2 at 1.5Mil or less is about right.....if you can find anyone to buy, as there's tens of 1,000 units available.

I don't see any listings for 50 sqm studios for sale at VT3 on floor 7 or 12  when I check Hipflat, and none listed in the 2.2MB price range except 1st floor commercial units.  Some of the listings don't give the floor number but it seems to indicate that your friends might need to list with more agencies.  Most of the big agencies will post their listings on Hipflat so, if they were listed, the condos of your friends should appear at least a few times with the big agencies such as Coastal, East Coast, Paragon, Faz Waz, Pattaya Prestige, Two Flat, All Seasons, and Thompson's, among others.  Half the battle in selling a condo is making sure it is listed with as many agencies as possible, as there is no MLS.   Always important but now more than ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Anyone offering me under 1 million i would send to Nirun, where they obviously belong.

But also i think you would be sending those for many many years also ….as nobody go get present dreaming prices as Thailand is now over the top of the hill , and as you know …., after reaching the top the descent is the only way to go

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gabor said:

I bet no one sells under the recent situation.... not for 1.7 mill, not for less, than 1 mill... Sellers simple waits for the better times, unless a hurry sell... but I see no one hurry sell... Most of the owners wants to sell are abroad...

Many on fixed incomes can no longer afford to stay here, and if they can, they need to sell, bank the money, and rent.  A lot of people struggling here now.  They have money tied up in property that they need to liquidate.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I doubt there will 37-41 sqm studios in VT2A/B going for 1M or less. They were going for about 1.6M 2-3 years ago so a 40% doesn't make sense, even with the strong Baht and the Covid19.

I'm guessing 1.4M, give or take say 0.5M, is currently where most deals are settled.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gabor said:

but I see no one hurry sell.

because when there is a 'hurry sell' and the price gets very reasonable - it goes quickly... give a steal, make a deal...

• Thanks 1