BANGKOK
snoop1130

Australian consulate in Phuket confirms letters for expats stuck in Thailand

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

There was one posted in this thread yesterday about Phuket. You've gotta search for it yourself as the thread has become huge: 

There was one guy posting about a Phuket experience last week, who applied for an extension because he could not get away, when he still had plenty of time on his present extension or visa and who could still get out with a flight. You mean that one?

Let me emphasize 'last week' 'plenty of time on present entry' and 'flights still going'. So yes, I would agree with the officer that this did not look like the emergency for which these extensions are meant.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

<snip>

Let me emphasize 'last week' 'plenty of time on present entry' and 'flights still going'. So yes, I would agree with the officer that this did not look like the emergency for which these extensions are meant.

I agree. I talked a number of guys who just don't want to go back due to restrictions when they arrive back.  They want an extended holiday in Thailand until it all blows over   ... eventually

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stevenl said:

There was one guy posting about a Phuket experience last week, who applied for an extension because he could not get away, when he still had plenty of time on his present extension or visa and who could still get out with a flight. You mean that one?

No, some guy posted yesterday in that thread I mentioned earlier of being rejected and laughed by the IO when presented the letter UbonJoe posted at the start of the thread, then was given 7 days to leave.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

For a tourist visa? That would be a change of what was announced earlier today.

It was for a Non Imm O ME visa with a 60 day extension which expires today and I've just received the letter now so I will go to Yasothon Immigration tomorrow and see if they will accept it for the extension.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

No, some guy posted yesterday in that thread I mentioned earlier of being rejected and laughed by the IO when presented the letter UbonJoe posted at the start of the thread, then was given 7 days to leave.

Since you can't show the post I can't react to it.

Sounds like request for non immigrant extension though.