Phuket Immigration confirms B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, brommers said:

Ha ha ha. All these twits who complain about the risk to their health from being in an immigration queue would be happy to cram into the "Red Lion Bar" as soon as it opens. And I see that these same people cannot even maintain a safe distance between each other. Fine the lot of them for irresponsible queuing while you are fining them for overstaying.

You have a point. There are farangs at my condo that start drinking and smoking together at 11 am, as soon as they can get their hands on a beer.

Not my scene and each to their own; however, I can't help thinking they put themselves at risk through stupidity.

A post using Twitter content has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

Some derogatory troll posts have been removed. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Toany said:

Money comes before anything else to the government.

If the tourists have a long memory, they will never returm

I guess they all know that Tourism as they once knew it is dead.  Perhaps a final parting shot at us "filthy farang" - one final fleecing for proper effect. Farming here will persevere, everything else will shrivel and die.  *disclaimer: I'm usually wrong about everything, according to my wife...

1 hour ago, longevity said:

After last year's <deleted> show with T38 etc, we put in exit strategy, which was supposed to be this month.

Now locked down and stuck with this shower show till thing return to some semblance of normal. 

After 15+ years here, myself, wife and kids can't wait to escape. 

Escape where?there is a chaotic everywhere ?

11 hours ago, Toany said:

Money comes before anything else to the government.

If the tourists have a long memory, they will never returm

Absolutely ludicrous for these Immigrant people to use a tactic like this. Just confirms they don't want us....Well when the world see's this they will get their wish and no one will want to come here....As a long stay expat this is utterly a no-starter for anyone now in my family to come and visit.  Forcing people to stand in line to extend when social distancing is being bandied about shows that they really do not give a shiittee.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

not only tourists. Once that horror has finished, many long-term expats treated like sh** will rethink to stay here. Thai-farang couples may prefer to pass all the hurdles to enable the Thai wifes to move back to the husbands home country and just visit LOS for holidays. 

No one expects to be able to stay 1month+ on overstays for free, but in this special situation they could make an exception for lets say 7-10 days (in addition to the anyway 7 day denied exempt stamp which costs 1900 THB). It`s up to a few morons in BKK to pass that order nationwide. Everything can be done within one day, but what you expect from guys who just have "military, military" in their pea-sized brains.

Hell, they opened all the borders last night to let out all of the migrant workers who had fled Bangkok, thus ensuring the spread of this virus now reaches even more people.  Why? because they do not want them here either.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Absolutely ludicrous for these Immigrant people to use a tactic like this. Just confirms they don't want us....Well when the world see's this they will get their wish and no one will want to come here....As a long stay expat this is utterly a no-starter for anyone now in my family to come and visit.  Forcing people to stand in line to extend when social distancing is being bandied about shows that they really do not give a shiittee.  

I've been saying this for years, when I saw right past those fake smiles, so to me it comes as no surprise!!!

• Like 1

Soon an immigration officer will get Covid-19.  Then they will have to close the office and clean it.  Or, some poor foreigner will catch it and report it on social media.  Then the immigration office will become the centre for spreading the virus like the boxing stadium.

Will they never look ahead?

Edited by Toany
  • Like 2

should we all write to our embassies & foreign affairs in home country to 

1) inform them about this 

2) ask to do the same on thais 

3) do nothing as nobody gives a <deleted>, certainly not you ball-less embassy that is a visa deliver enterprise for profits

this whole situation is DISGUSTING, but hey, what do you expect in Thailand? MERCY ???