Phuket Immigration confirms B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

snoop1130

I love Thailand, don't misunderstand me, but every so often some thing comes along and makes me want to puke and for Thailand to burn in coronavirus hell and for the economy to go to pieces. This is one of those things.

16 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Thai people rely on the healthy and rich Chinese, that will come in droves and give them all a "happy ending" ????

I wonder how many countries will ban flights from China for so long after this corona thing is over. I would bet Thailand won't be one of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

This is reason 249 of why westerners should never visit or consider Thailand as a retirement destination.

I decided for Malaysia. Currently in Quarantine at my home but I'm ok with that. Many others who I know would leave too but they are screwed as they have their houses and things in Thailand. Not easy for many to make a move.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

As I said yesterday, time for China to prepare to be reinforced after the citizens return from Thailand.  As you can see the Thai government has posted another drop in numbers to meet their agenda that it's under control. But if that's the case why open up a specialty hospital ward on one of the campuses........god help this country 

They are going to go to quarantine for 14 days when they return to China. One that works. China is preparing now for second wave as they have about 70 imported cases. They are serious about this... Yes, they can leave but return will be pretty unpleasant experience for them.

• Like 1

9 pages of cr@p because no one bothered to click on the link provided by the OP and actually READ.  A required letter from your embassy to extend by 30 days was only mentioned on less than a handfull of comments of which the first started on page 6.  Purely 5 whole pages of disgusting trash.  This post does not apply to one year extensions if you would have clicked and READ.  My guess is that some of you did somewhat READ but you still went on vomiting more verbal diarrhoea.  Just a bunch of the usual TVF whiners, bashers, and grippers.  Probably most of you are not even here on VISA EXEMPT and you just egregiously showing your own foolishness.  And, I feel that the OP's headline was purposely misleading just to see if they could rile people up for jollies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

9 pages of cr@p because no one bothered to click on the link provided by the OP and actually READ.  A required letter from your embassy to extend by 30 days was only mentioned on less than a handfull of comments of which the first started on page 6.  Purely 5 whole pages of disgusting trash.  This post does not apply to one year extensions if you would have clicked and READ.  My guess is that some of you did somewhat READ but you still went on vomiting more verbal diarrhoea.  Just a bunch of the usual TVF whiners, bashers, and grippers.  Probably most of you are not even here on VISA EXEMPT and you just egregiously showing your own foolishness.  And, I feel that the OP's headline was purposely misleading just to see if they could rile people up for jollies.

There's no need for an embassy letter in the first place if you're here as a tourist. You just apply for a 30 days extension. That's what the Phuket immigration wants people to do instead of whining about overstay fees. Next step would be the embassy letter if you can't get home within 30 days. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

Did you READ?

Lt Col Udom urged foreigners needing to stay in Thailand, or unable to travel home, to obtain a letter from their embassy requesting the Thai Immigration Bureau to allow them to extend their stay in the country.

If the foreigner cannot obtain such a letter, Phuket Immigration were unable to help them, he said.

“If a foreigner’s permit to stay is about to expire and they cannot get a letter from their embassy, or their embassy refuses to issue them a letter, we have no regulation that can help them,” Lt Col Udom explained.

You need the letter for the second 30 days back to back extension at the immigration office which is not normally allowed. Do you actually live in Thailand and know how extensions work? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You need the letter for the second 30 days back to back extension at the immigration office which is not normally allowed. Do you actually live in Thailand and know how extensions work? 

What I copied for you was from the OP's Puket link and nowhere does it specify a difference between a 1st or 2nd 30 day extension.  It does state that an extension of 30 days will not be given at Puket if you do not have an embassy letter.  Show me where the Puket link states what you only infer.  How long I've been in Thailand is none of your concern and has nothing to do with the OP.  Quit trying to throw a deflection into the subject matter of the OP.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brommers said:

Ha ha ha. All these twits who complain about the risk to their health from being in an immigration queue would be happy to cram into the "Red Lion Bar" as soon as it opens. And I see that these same people cannot even maintain a safe distance between each other. Fine the lot of them for irresponsible queuing while you are fining them for overstaying.

Watched the people in Jomtien immigrationshouting at the long Long queues of Farangs , “ to move up, move up”

long queues of people forced to stand almost touching each other 

yet in the bank,Farang gets told off for standing too close to desk !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Watched the people in Jomtien immigrationshouting at the long Long queues of Farangs , “ to move up, move up”

long queues of people forced to stand almost touching each other 

yet in the bank,Farang gets told off for standing too close to desk !

In what bank do find those long queues you're talking about? Every bank I've been to has seats and maybe a few others are standing. 

A post containing profane language has been removed.

Posts containing unattributed content have been removed, please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting.  

A post using Twitter content has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In all fairness this could not be as bad as being made out  - IF - you can get an extension as you cannot leave the country due to flights being cancelled, meaning you are overstaying. Hitting people for not re-applying for a visa when it would be given for free potentially due to virus could just be punishing stupidity. Course it would be shocking to be fined for being unable to get a 'virus' extension due to immigration shutting and being hit 

Well, they can't take it with them

11 hours ago, AntipodeanThai said:

Sorry not here to nor do I have the time to do your homework. Go to the Government sites like Centrelink or press statements. Yes of course you have to be in Australia to get it, and NO , your statement again about late April is again wrong,  its starts the day you register and yes you have to have lost your job or for foreigners not have means of support and can not leave . As there are no flights thats a give me.

You will qualify now, but the payment won't come through into the account of a recipient until late April. That's why people are asking what do I live on meantime.

Thailand, be careful of what you wish for. You are rapidly becoming a Chinese colony if not a vassal state. The Chinese will pay off the stupid military leaders with worthless toys and Thailand will be sold to the highest bidder...the f#*king Chinese. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

Did you READ?

Lt Col Udom urged foreigners needing to stay in Thailand, or unable to travel home, to obtain a letter from their embassy requesting the Thai Immigration Bureau to allow them to extend their stay in the country.

If the foreigner cannot obtain such a letter, Phuket Immigration were unable to help them, he said.

“If a foreigner’s permit to stay is about to expire and they cannot get a letter from their embassy, or their embassy refuses to issue them a letter, we have no regulation that can help them,” Lt Col Udom explained.

He didnt say that though 

Meanwhile in a proper country they make is SIMPLE!!

The Home Office in the UK has announced it will extend the visas of people unable to return to their home countries due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Foreign nationals whose UK visas expire anytime after 24 January and who cannot leave the country because of travel bans or self-isolation are being urged to inform the Home Office if they wish to extend their stay.

The extensions will last until 31 May, but ministers said the situation would be kept under regular review in case further extensions are needed.

No pìssing about risking your life in queues to satisfy avarice immigration officers

No extra fees

No visits to your embassy in Bangkok

No confusion of what to do depending on which visa you have

Just a blanket extension on ALL visas with NO fees

Home Secretary Priti Patel said those who contact the department for a visa extension will be expected to return to their home countries as soon as possible once flight and border restrictions are lifted, but that no immigration enforcement action would be undertaken during this time for those who contact the Home Office.

She said: “The UK continues to put the health and wellbeing of people first and nobody will be punished for circumstances outside of their control. By extending people’s visas, we are giving people peace of mind and also ensuring that those in vital services can continue their work.”

Wake up Thailand you worthless set of cretins

• Like 1