BANGKOK
pauln

DLT Not Issuing New Drivers Licenses

I saw a tweet and a fb post that the Land Transport Dept in Bangkok and surrounding provinces will stop issuing driving licenses due to Covid-19.

My 5 year license expires next month. 

Does anyone know anything about this, and what we are supposed to do about renewing licenses? 

• Like 1

You must be referring to this:

https://www.dlt.go.th/th/public-news/view.php?_did=2573

Statement made on March 18. As I understand what they are saying, they are limiting the number of people who are allowed in the room at a time, and instituting cleaning between each batch, so you can expect it to take a very long day and it could make it impossible to get in and renew your license if you don't show up very early.

There is nothing I have seen on their website that they will no longer be renewing licenses.

I would be interested to know if there is anything more, as my Thai is extremely poor.

• Like 1

My 2 year will expire soon. How long do I have from the expiry date do I have before I need to start the whole licensing process over?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Monomial said:

You must be referring to this:

https://www.dlt.go.th/th/public-news/view.php?_did=2573

Statement made on March 18. As I understand what they are saying, they are limiting the number of people who are allowed in the room at a time, and instituting cleaning between each batch, so you can expect it to take a very long day and it could make it impossible to get in and renew your license if you don't show up very early.

There is nothing I have seen on their website that they will no longer be renewing licenses.

I would be interested to know if there is anything more, as my Thai is extremely poor.

Thanks but the posts l saw where yesterday morning but l didn't save them. It was clear that it was about not issuing licenses. Guess l better wait and see. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pauln said:

Thanks but the posts l saw where yesterday morning but l didn't save them. It was clear that it was about not issuing licenses. Guess l better wait and see. 

They will issue a new licence some weeks prior to the old one running out. I did my one some 5/6 weeks prior to my one going T/ts up as it saved me from getting the new doctors certificate.

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

They will issue a new licence some weeks prior to the old one running out. I did my one some 5/6 weeks prior to my one going T/ts up as it saved me from getting the new doctors certificate.

You need a Doc's certificate to renew a five year license...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

You need a Doc's certificate to renew a five year license...?

Now you do look it up.

Best to stay away until after Corona, these offices are usually packed. Avoid where police checkpoints usually are, they will be loving the news

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Now you do look it up.

Eh...?

I asked if you need a medical certificate to renew a five year license, because I thought you didn't, so looking to be corrected.....So, do you or don't you....?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Eh...?

I asked if you need a medical certificate to renew a five year license, because I thought you didn't, so looking to be corrected.....So, do you or don't you....?

What part of NOW YOU DO did you not understand???

• Like 1

great, go ahead make my life even more miserable, bring it on

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Eh...?

nowadays you do need a med cert, unlike in the past

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@transam is "now you do, look it up" clearer?

Gotta just lurve the comma.

I used to own a Commer, mine was blue

55cad7db45e5bc4021ec2eb79686506f.jpg

Just trying to save on Ink it ain't cheap anymore.

• Haha 2