DLT Not Issuing New Drivers Licenses

13 hours ago, pauln said:

They have stopped issuing new licenses. 

Renewals can be done online with a test. 

This link is in Thai:

https://www.js100.com/en/site/post_share/view/84621

Thanks for this.  The way I read it, if you watch the video and take the test, you get 90 days extension before you have to go in to the center to do the normal "physical" tests.

5 minutes ago, swissbie said:

it's the same, agents have to send it to the DLT too

Well there is that but you specifically said you went to the DLT  but that has nothing to do with your post about the "BoRoBor".

Edited by Don Mega

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Well there is that but you specifically said you went to the DLT  but that has nothing to do with your post about the "BoRoBor".

I needed to extend the B/P.., for that you have to make the compulsory insurance first and by the way asked about driving licencies once again

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Why not? I was given an 11 years one. Runs out this November.

Never heard of a 10 year license, but I have heard of the bird inputting the wrong date into the license printing machine.....:whistling:

33 minutes ago, transam said:

Never heard of a 10 year license, but I have heard of the bird inputting the wrong date into the license printing machine.....:whistling:

Especially if she thinks Mr Hansum farang will take her to bed later that day.

Edited by owl sees all

15 hours ago, swissbie said:

OP, you have to renew your 2 year licence before it expires, waiting up to one year is only for the 5 year licences. You will need a medical certificate too, it's not needed for the 5 year licencies. Went to renew my "BoRoBor" today in Hat Yai and was a little bit scared because it's normally very crowded; but not so today. Just a few people, in and out in 2 minutes. Asked about renewing driving licences; everything as usual.

First of all l am on my 5th 5 year license. 

Secondly l posted a link from the DLT which is quite clear if you can read Thai. They are not issuing new licenses in my area for the time being and Renewals are possible by using an online form. 

Edited by Guest

Renewed my 5 yr license in Cha-Am 3 days ago at the afternoon session without problem. It took less than 2 hours altogether. Around 10 people total - 2 farangs and the rest Thai. Simple eye colour test and reaction test and a 1 hr video in Thai watched by both Thai and farang so pretty much a waste of time. Masks were issued for those who didn't have them and social distancing was maintained. I only needed passport copy, old license and address confirmation from immigration which I got for THB300 at Tha Yang in the morning. Having dealt with Phuket for so many years this was a dream.

1 hour ago, slsmith38 said:

Renewed my 5 yr license in Cha-Am 3 days ago at the afternoon session without problem. It took less than 2 hours altogether. Around 10 people total - 2 farangs and the rest Thai. Simple eye colour test and reaction test and a 1 hr video in Thai watched by both Thai and farang so pretty much a waste of time. Masks were issued for those who didn't have them and social distancing was maintained. I only needed passport copy, old license and address confirmation from immigration which I got for THB300 at Tha Yang in the morning. Having dealt with Phuket for so many years this was a dream.

Medical Certificate...?

Thanks for a bunch of posts which were completely off the subject and most contradictory or inaccurate. 

I now understand why so many people complain about these forums. 

Question:

In attempting to do that online dlt-elearning renawal, it asks you to enter your identification number. My ID number uses my passport number, which includes a letter.  I can not enter that into the field, because it requires only numerical digits.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to enter in that field?  The whole thing is only in Thai, making it very difficult to navigate.

7 hours ago, Monomial said:

Question:

In attempting to do that online dlt-elearning renawal, it asks you to enter your identification number. My ID number uses my passport number, which includes a letter.  I can not enter that into the field, because it requires only numerical digits.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to enter in that field?  The whole thing is only in Thai, making it very difficult to navigate.

can you link it ?

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

can you link it ?

www.dlt-elearning.com

Click on the yellow button. Scroll down to the first text field that says "lek bat prachachon"  (ID card number)

My driver's license has a letter in that field, and I can't enter it on the form.

Edited by Monomial

I have a lifetime motorcycle license that was issued in June, 2521 (1978).  With this virus <deleted>, I'm concerned that I'm nearing my expiration date.  I guess if I don't ride a motorbike in Thailand I'll be good for a few more years.  Use it and lose it?

I do have the amulet.  Does it cover Covid-19 while riding?

image.png.c43216a8b47fbcd33f94a5cec5e0cf4c.png

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 2:09 AM, fredob43 said:

I put my post in the wrong section. Seems that they are not issuing D/L at present. But your old one has been extended to at least 15 days after the lockdown ends. When that will be Buddha only knows.

Where did you get this information?  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks

19 hours ago, michael888 said:

Where did you get this information?  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks

Thai TV News. It's also been reported on some English sites. One you could look at is YouTube fabulous news Pattaya. They do cover all of Thailand not just Patts. Look for one around 4 days ago. 30/1st???

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1