BANGKOK
pauln

DLT Not Issuing New Drivers Licenses

Renewed my 5 yr license in Cha-Am 3 days ago at the afternoon session without problem. It took less than 2 hours altogether. Around 10 people total - 2 farangs and the rest Thai. Simple eye colour test and reaction test and a 1 hr video in Thai watched by both Thai and farang so pretty much a waste of time. Masks were issued for those who didn't have them and social distancing was maintained. I only needed passport copy, old license and address confirmation from immigration which I got for THB300 at Tha Yang in the morning. Having dealt with Phuket for so many years this was a dream.

1 hour ago, slsmith38 said:

Renewed my 5 yr license in Cha-Am 3 days ago at the afternoon session without problem. It took less than 2 hours altogether. Around 10 people total - 2 farangs and the rest Thai. Simple eye colour test and reaction test and a 1 hr video in Thai watched by both Thai and farang so pretty much a waste of time. Masks were issued for those who didn't have them and social distancing was maintained. I only needed passport copy, old license and address confirmation from immigration which I got for THB300 at Tha Yang in the morning. Having dealt with Phuket for so many years this was a dream.

Medical Certificate...?

Thanks for a bunch of posts which were completely off the subject and most contradictory or inaccurate. 

I now understand why so many people complain about these forums. 

• Like 1

Question:

In attempting to do that online dlt-elearning renawal, it asks you to enter your identification number. My ID number uses my passport number, which includes a letter.  I can not enter that into the field, because it requires only numerical digits.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to enter in that field?  The whole thing is only in Thai, making it very difficult to navigate.

7 hours ago, Monomial said:

Question:

In attempting to do that online dlt-elearning renawal, it asks you to enter your identification number. My ID number uses my passport number, which includes a letter.  I can not enter that into the field, because it requires only numerical digits.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to enter in that field?  The whole thing is only in Thai, making it very difficult to navigate.

can you link it ?

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

can you link it ?

www.dlt-elearning.com

Click on the yellow button. Scroll down to the first text field that says "lek bat prachachon"  (ID card number)

My driver's license has a letter in that field, and I can't enter it on the form.

Edited by Monomial

On 3/24/2020 at 1:09 PM, brokenbone said:

nowadays you do need a med cert, unlike in the past

I renewed my 5 year license in February and did not need a medical certificate