BANGKOK
Nyezhov

Mods, Mods, Techoguys, I found the Ignore List Bug!

So when folks were complaining about the Ignore list people popping up and then Rimmer (?) I think was the technomod, who said it was fixed, and then I started a topic saying it wa still happening, which degenerated into the usual happy silliness that anyhting I get involved in devolves into, but, but, but, now I found it. 

You've chosen to ignore content by bristolboy. Options 

bristolboy

• Star Member
  •  
  •  
  • Advanced Members
  • 12,075 posts
  •  
  55 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

More CNN fuelled nonsense.

Dems have voted against urgent relief because it didn't include:

Planned Parenthood funding

I won't go into the other ones but what the proposed bill says is to deny aid to any Medicaid-funded business not just Planned Parenthood.  Why are Medicaid funded businesses singled out during a pandemic? 

Its the quote function that does it! so if I have X ignored, but he quotes Y, then I will see X again. I dont know how that font happened though, wow.

I wonder how the coders are gonna handle that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am sure everyone is aware of the "bug" if anyone quotes someone on your ignore list you see it. most disturbing. 

Its always been that if you ignore them you dont see the posts, but if they are quoted you will see the content in quote, been like that for as long as I can remember.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Its always been that if you ignore them you dont see the posts, but if they are quoted you will see the content in quote, been like that for as long as I can remember.

That defeats the whole purpose then. Some folks are gluttons and the spillover invades my bandwidth.

Oh woe!

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

That defeats the whole purpose then. Some folks are gluttons and the spillover invades my bandwidth.

Oh woe!

No it doesnt as you cant get into an exchange with them, it needs a third party to quote them.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, that's true. but isn't this the other way round?

Ignored person quotes someone else and the post is visible.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No it doesnt as you cant get into an exchange with them, it needs a third party to quote them.

Yes butbutbbbbbut then I see it! its like watching a Minenwefer blow up my mate Bill in Sussex Trench! Stuff flying everywhere. Help me charlie, helll...pppp..

*falls to the ground in the fetal position sobbing like a 3 year old girl whose pet goldfish just got flushed*

*Dude from Pattaya slaps me though the screen, get yourself together you crying wimp, slap, punch, eye gouge, nostril rip, MAN UP*

Guess I gots to just deal with it huh.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Yes, that's true. but isn't this the other way round?

Ignored person quotes someone else and the post is visible.

Perhaps I misunderstod then, but yes if that is the case it wierd !

There was a combative TVF member a few years who was forever threatening to put others on his ever expanding ignore list.   Maybe whatever high anxiety he suffered was cured two or three years ago when he suddenly went MIA and hasn't returned. 

I never did quite understand the ignore function.    Sooooo, is it correct that if Member A has Member B on his list, Member A cannot see any posts from Member B, but Members C thru Z can?

And if that is the case, how does it improve Member A's experience on a discussion forum if he is the only participant ignorant of Member B's point of view?

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

11 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I never did quite understand the ignore function.

Its basicly for people you know are going to add nothing good to your day. The guys who follow you around making snide comments.  

The bug is still buggy too.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I never did quite understand the ignore function. 

Here is a short explanation

Image result for you can't handle the truth

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lust said:

How do I ignore someone on here? 

Just don't read his/her posts, OR put him/her on your 'YOU'RE NOT MY FRIEND ANYMORE' list.