Covid-19: Foreigner fined 20K for breaking quarantine - health certificate didn't help him; Thais warned they are next

webfact

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I know a Thai who traveled from Pattaya to Sa Kaeo 2 days ago - no problems.

How can they be stopped? There are no road blocks to my knowledge.

There are checkpoints between Australian States now so if the Thais were serious it could be done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Acc to Western Govts, the KEY to defeating this C Virus is Social Distancing. I hope it does not turn into an epidemic here. Crowded transport is too close for comfort. But what’s the option . Tough situation for everyone, unfortunately.

One good thing about Thais is they aren’t panicking like in the West. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

Buriram seems to be the only place in Thailand that knows what they are doing 

Everything they have done so far is very sensible 

I vote this Governor for Health Minister with immediate effect 

well done 

The Governor maybe doing his thing and does it good, but the local enforcement is were it counts and that lacks in many many villages.

I did a drive around this morning and saw 1000’s of people running around and a few 100 non essential shops open and other than myself,  they were ALL Thais.  “Dear foreigners, come to Thailand and give us your money and then go away... we only like and want your money!”

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Acc to Western Govts, the KEY to defeating this C Virus is Social Distancing. I hope it does not turn into an epidemic here. Crowded transport is too close for comfort. But what’s the option . Tough situation for everyone, unfortunately.

One good thing about Thais is they aren’t panicking like in the West. 

Thais aren't panicking.... yet.

"Thais warned they are next"

Considering there are so many more Thais, might have made sense to start with them. There's that word again: "sense"...

• Like 1

Well friends, I have seen many influences in my life many of which originated in Asia, for none have I ever seen a paranoia powered by all the governments of this world, none of these characters takes care of pollution, plastic in the seas, dirty water and many other things that will cost the lives of many millions of people.
Is there anyone in this forum who has any idea where this situation will take us?

In my opinion ... total control by the authorities, every step we take from now on will be controlled and there will be no way back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I recently returned from a trip to Pattaya to Buriram. I have been under self isolation since 19 March.

Registered on the app and temp checked twice a day.

Bit bored, but when I look at the fantastic job being done by health care workers on the TV and all I have to do is sit on my <deleted> and do nothing, it puts it all into perspective.

Well ! I for one commend your actions.

I know it must be tough thing to do, but you are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Good on  you 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevan said:

All those Thais who are leaving Bangkok to return to their places of origin are making the same mistake made in Milan in early March because in this way they spread the COVID-19 also in other areas of the country that were still not contaminated thus infecting the elderly living in the village (including parents and relatives) who are the most defenseless. The effects of this irresponsible mass shift showed after a couple of weeks significantly increased the total number of infections and deaths across the country. Please Thais do not repeat the same mistake because in this Country the effects of COVID-19 could be even more devastating.

This advice comes from an Italian man who is living permanently in Thailand for over 20 years

Unfortunately your advice comes late and in addition you are (like me) a farang who knows nothing!

Interesting how foreigners and Thais are treated differently. They say Thais are next, but this case of Nanny Sweetie, where a woman went to work in SKorea illegally and then went partying ignoring all self-quarantine shows she got off with a slap on the wrist. She just had to apologise.

Fair enough, she was not infected with Covid19, but the same applied to this foreigner. The foreigner pays a 20000 baht fine, the Thai lady does not.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/general/woman-who-partied-on-return-from-korea-apologises-to-public/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Well ! I for one commend your actions.

I know it must be tough thing to do, but you are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Good on  you 

+1. positive attitude and being considerate of everybody else. No doubt you have a smile on yr face all day. Good on you. 

4 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

good. The same will happen in Canada shortly also due to morons not caring about anybody but their own selfish interests. Other countries are also hinting at this due to their citizens displaying their sub IQ's also..

Totally agree,  I understand there already provisions in place to fine people in Australia for breaching the self isolation provisions.

Yesterday or the day before crowds where refusing to leave Bondi Beach and had to be threatened with police action.

Morons is correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

foreigners coming to live in another country out of free will, marry their favorite prostitute, and insyead of some gratitude their favorite pasttime seems to be Thailand bashing.

You cant make that <deleted> up.

Seriously. Extreme difficult situation. Fines are used as a way so ppl will get the message and obey. Thailand, and MANY OTHER COUNTRIES do it.

Your cynical denigrating comment towards the very ppl who have to do this dificult job is DISPICABLE. 

Try fining a Thai 20,000 for the same thing.

they would laugh in your face! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

Playing the racist card is shameful! It's not good enough that the foreigner did not follow the rules, It's racist because he is a Foreigner. What I don't understand is if so many TV poster feel it's racist this or racist that. What are you all still doing in Thailand? Or are you all just bringing the racism you grew up with in your own countries out in the open. 

Really! You should be ashamed.

• Like 1

I was planning to drive (in our car) with my family to our place outside Lampang tomorrow.  Just wife and two daughters in the car and then self-isolate in our house once we get there.

Will this still be possible?

We have been monitoring our temperatures twice a day now for over a week and are as confident as we can be that we are virus  free at the mooment.

Should we go?

9 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

I'm not the one labeling it as racist, You should be ashamed. End of.

It is to chose a foreigner, when they have Thais in abundance that not self-isolate. what about the people that came back from South Korea? That we never heard any fines about.

Besides that, as I say many Thais have arrived in Buriram from Bangkok the last couple of days. Are they all controlled and are they registered? How many of those are skipping isolation? Just open your eyes, and look at reality.

Now you can make End of. If you want. You reply, you get a reply.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 30la said:

Well friends, I have seen many influences in my life many of which originated in Asia, for none have I ever seen a paranoia powered by all the governments of this world, none of these characters takes care of pollution, plastic in the seas, dirty water and many other things that will cost the lives of many millions of people.
Is there anyone in this forum who has any idea where this situation will take us?

In my opinion ... total control by the authorities, every step we take from now on will be controlled and there will be no way back.

Total control has been always an issue in humans ways. In the past, now and in the future.

Its weird , as we have elections in many countries, we choose every time the same <deleted>.

For the future ? i think: we are the borg (governments) , we will assimilate you, resistance is futile and then you get some electronics implanted in your brain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

STAY IN DOORS = STAYING VIRUS FREE, simple really, I guess some are thicker than others, selfish would be an easier word to choose, but I prefer to use the word "thick" as it is more appropriate, tap, tap, anyone home.

Great , till someone sneezes over the balcony of the condo above

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I recently returned from a trip to Pattaya to Buriram. I have been under self isolation since 19 March.

Registered on the app and temp checked twice a day.

Bit bored, but when I look at the fantastic job being done by health care workers on the TV and all I have to do is sit on my <deleted> and do nothing, it puts it all into perspective.

Left Pattaya same day as you and self isolated since, wife sent our son to his grandmother’s and she self isolated with me.