Covid-19: Foreigner fined 20K for breaking quarantine - health certificate didn't help him; Thais warned they are next

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I know a Thai who traveled from Pattaya to Sa Kaeo 2 days ago - no problems.

How can they be stopped? There are no road blocks to my knowledge.

There are checkpoints between Australian States now so if the Thais were serious it could be done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I am sure that every one of the tens of thousands jumping on buses out of Bangkok yesterday were faithfully loaded into this system too, right? It is too much to hope for that none of those leavin

I recently returned from a trip to Pattaya to Buriram. I have been under self isolation since 19 March. Registered on the app and temp checked twice a day. Bit bored, but when I look at the

And the people who have left Bangkok to go home are responsible enough to self quarantine themselves are they? I will believe that they will all get a 20,000 fine, when they go out having fun, rather

Posted Images

If the health certificate is no good then why bother with it? 

All the Thai returning from Korea need tracking and fining too

• Haha 2

Acc to Western Govts, the KEY to defeating this C Virus is Social Distancing. I hope it does not turn into an epidemic here. Crowded transport is too close for comfort. But what’s the option . Tough situation for everyone, unfortunately.

One good thing about Thais is they aren’t panicking like in the West. 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, smedly said:

Buriram seems to be the only place in Thailand that knows what they are doing 

Everything they have done so far is very sensible 

I vote this Governor for Health Minister with immediate effect 

well done 

The Governor maybe doing his thing and does it good, but the local enforcement is were it counts and that lacks in many many villages.

I did a drive around this morning and saw 1000’s of people running around and a few 100 non essential shops open and other than myself,  they were ALL Thais.  “Dear foreigners, come to Thailand and give us your money and then go away... we only like and want your money!”

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Acc to Western Govts, the KEY to defeating this C Virus is Social Distancing. I hope it does not turn into an epidemic here. Crowded transport is too close for comfort. But what’s the option . Tough situation for everyone, unfortunately.

One good thing about Thais is they aren’t panicking like in the West. 

Thais aren't panicking.... yet.

"Thais warned they are next"

Considering there are so many more Thais, might have made sense to start with them. There's that word again: "sense"...

• Like 1

Well friends, I have seen many influences in my life many of which originated in Asia, for none have I ever seen a paranoia powered by all the governments of this world, none of these characters takes care of pollution, plastic in the seas, dirty water and many other things that will cost the lives of many millions of people.
Is there anyone in this forum who has any idea where this situation will take us?

In my opinion ... total control by the authorities, every step we take from now on will be controlled and there will be no way back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I recently returned from a trip to Pattaya to Buriram. I have been under self isolation since 19 March.

Registered on the app and temp checked twice a day.

Bit bored, but when I look at the fantastic job being done by health care workers on the TV and all I have to do is sit on my <deleted> and do nothing, it puts it all into perspective.

Well ! I for one commend your actions.

I know it must be tough thing to do, but you are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Good on  you 

• Like 1