Does Chunburi Immigration office allow second extensions due to coronavirus?

timoti

You would be lucky to be able to leave the country and come back as there are insurance and health certificate requirements and difficulty getting into many countries bar your own. (Plus land borders being closed.)

The extra 30 day extension is supposed to be allowed in IOs but there are many reports of people requiring an embassy letter (original not copy) to get one, and those without getting a 7 days for their efforts and money. It usually takes a bit of time for these IOs to get the message, and I can only say watch this space, or go try for yourself. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You would be lucky to be able to leave the country and come back as there are insurance and health certificate requirements and difficulty getting into many countries bar your own. (Plus land borders being closed.)

The extra 30 day extension is supposed to be allowed in IOs but there are many reports of people requiring an embassy letter (original not copy) to get one, and those without getting a 7 days for their efforts and money. It usually takes a bit of time for these IOs to get the message, and I can only say watch this space, or go try for yourself. 

Thanks a lot. IO is imm officer? I am here now and they told me like you said only 7 days without letter.

Just seems counter intuitive to jump through the hoops to go travel to embassies and increase higher risk of infection for a piece of paper.

It's not like I am the only one affected that they need a letter. It's a global issue.

Good bloody luck getting a appointment to the embassies now...And good bloody luck again to get the embassy to cough up the letter...

The embassies are just not set up to do this on a mass scale,they are not visa immigration offices..

Edited by fforest1

Yes I emailed them and also checking their fb page, it seems they are unresponsive to extension letters.

At least they could provide a letter to cover so citizens, talk to Thai government. This is 2020 and this should be no brainer.

If you cannot get the embassy-letter nor leave the country, you are stuck.

In that case, I would go last day of your present permission to stay to your local IO, and explain the situation (bring evidence of your embassy not providing the letter).

IO cannot simply tell you 'Go away, your problem' as that means over-stay and you being in jeopardy of being deported.  But if the desk officer does tell you to leave, politely ask to talk to the officer in charge.

Taking notes on a notepad of the name/rank of the officer you are talking to, also always grabs their attention, or calling 1198 - the IO help-desk when they refuse to help you.

The IO rules/regulations foresee that the officer in charge has the authority to 'make an exception' and provide you with a permission to stay.  @ubonjoefor sure will now the specific clauses of the IO rules that are applicable in such case.

Thanks. Is there a nearby country I can still do border run from thailand? I am not sure if these border run companies are closed or still getting customers and get them stuck at the border.

I talked to one of the officer and after I explained she said she didn't know what to do, and ask me to talk to someone in #6 counter which I assume it immigration? Then the agent there gave me a letter with a ton of requirements like taking a pic of yourself in your room, outside your room, outside the house, etc. I saw someone with these and he also got only 7 days due to no letter from the embassy.

Anyway she told me I have to get all of these and she said if you get the letter via email it's ok. But you must get this letter. She said you have 1 week should be enough. If not, she said we can not give you 30 days, we can't do anything. Basically she said there is no other option, even though I mentioned I cannot leave, and what if my embassy can't provide this letter and showed her many people on Canadian embassy's FB page commenting they are waiting for their letters, bu no reply no call or emails.

I don't think she is the top agent there but still, it seems like they are giving no other option.

Also the agent in the documents checking section told me are you sure you want 7 days, if you want you can overstay it's only 500 per day.

It's really frustrating.

Sounds like you guys are using the wrong agent.. I had a TR visa which i already extended, and was due a visa run. Contacted @thaivisacentre (via line), and they were able to get me a 90 day visa extension. Just dropped my passport off.

She just say she cant do if you get issued 7 day extension (with order to leave). If you have not done this yet, you are still in the money.

Edited by rogerLepri
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

There's a rumour elsewhere on Thai Visa from the boss of Chaeng Wattana that Immigration will be closing tomorrow, presumably for the duration. Has anybody heard anything at Jomtien Immigration?

I have a question re the offices closing, my Spouse Extension under consideration period is up next Thurs 2nd April, IF they are closed down by then, does that put me into overstay without whatever it is that gets put in my passport after getting through the 30 day period. ??

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

There's a rumour elsewhere on Thai Visa from the boss of Chaeng Wattana that Immigration will be closing tomorrow, presumably for the duration. Has anybody heard anything at Jomtien Immigration?

They seem to be relocating some services, check out this,............

On 3/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, fforest1 said:

Good bloody luck getting a appointment to the embassies now...And good bloody luck again to get the embassy to cough up the letter...

The embassies are just not set up to do this on a mass scale,they are not visa immigration offices..

The embassies I have seen Italian and British do the letter by email only so no appointments required.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, Guderian said:

Jomtien immigration is open. Why shouldn't it be? There are loads of people there every day trying to get their 30 days extensions. 

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No mention of Pattaya.... although I hear they moved 90 day reporting outside.

Open this morning and there was a new tent on the right hand side of the (ex) parking lot  maybe that was 90 day report  only drove past didn't stop and  have a good look.

36 minutes ago, johng said:

Open this morning and there was a new tent on the right hand side of the (ex) parking lot  maybe that was 90 day report  only drove past didn't stop and  have a good look.

The tent to the right has been there a few days and you're correct,that's where you do the 90 days report. You hand over your passport,you get a number tag and then wait until they come back out again with a batch of passports. Then they call out the numbers for those passports. If your passport is in that batch you're done and can go back home. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, rogerLepri said:

Sounds like you guys are using the wrong agent.. I had a TR visa which i already extended, and was due a visa run. Contacted @thaivisacentre (via line), and they were able to get me a 90 day visa extension. Just dropped my passport off.

She just say she cant do if you get issued 7 day extension (with order to leave). If you have not done this yet, you are still in the money.

And you paid 28,000 Thai baht for that illegal Medical Extension?

Tell the truth how you got that 90 days...hmmm ???

Edited by travelerjim

9 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

I would believe him if he got a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa using an agent. But a 90 days extension sounds a bit strange.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, rogerLepri said:

How much for 90 Day?

On 3/27/2020 at 3:57 PM, Max69xl said:

I would believe him if he got a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa using an agent. But a 90 days extension sounds a bit strange.

Not strange at all.. All agents are offering this now.. Cheapest i got quoted was 20k

On 3/27/2020 at 3:46 PM, travelerjim said:

Actually I paid 18,000 THB for 90 days.. Not sure where you got that crazy price.