Visa extension Refused

Personally I'm planning to extend a 90 day permission to stay based on marriage (before it expires in May) at KK, by another 60 days. I'm hoping that will still be possible. Regards

(Apologies for distracting from Welshpete's original thread)

Edited by GA19

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Now there's an interesting thought!  I wonder if that might have already occurred to the current government and Immigration authorities?

They want us to get a letter from the Embassy stating we can't go home right? That implies they'll only extend our visa IF we can't go home, that is to say, they want us to go home and not be here.

What did the OP's letter to the British Embassy contain?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, genericptr said:

I may need to extend a METV if flights/borders are closed. I don't understand what authority Embassies have in regards to Thailands immigration policies. There's a pandemic, borders are closed, does the Thai government just want us all to go home by any means necessary?

Yes!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, r72a said:

I got a 30 day stamp at the airport, I'm a UK citizen. Will I need to get the embassy letter before I can extend? 

Have you extended since you entered? If not, you can get 30 days without the letter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What kind of visa entry did you have that you wanted to extend?

I had a 90 day o visa ran out 24 march told to apply to Brit embassy for corona 19 letter unable to provide as my flight has not been cancelled. Thai immigration insisting on letter British embassy refuse . Rock and a hard place

7 minutes ago, Welshpete said:

I had a 90 day o visa ran out 24 march told to apply to Brit embassy for corona 19 letter unable to provide as my flight has not been cancelled. Thai immigration insisting on letter British embassy refuse . Rock and a hard place

British embassy have said they will provide the letter to anyone now (though no one seems to have received it yet), check out the other topic. Good luck!

I have applied to the British embassy their reply we are unable to provide letter for corona 19 to you as your flight has not been cancelled or rescheduled. Qatar air not responding to my enquirers as to status of flight 15 April. Today is the first day of overstaying , as Thai immigration refuse to extend my visa without this letter. Not sure what my next move will be concerned about being arrested and locked up,

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Welshpete said:

I have applied to the British embassy their reply we are unable to provide letter for corona 19 to you as your flight has not been cancelled or rescheduled. Qatar air not responding to my enquirers as to status of flight 15 April. Today is the first day of overstaying , as Thai immigration refuse to extend my visa without this letter. Not sure what my next move will be concerned about being arrested and locked up,

When did they say this? They seemed to u-turn a bit on the flight part yesterday afternoon - if it was before this I'd try email again.

Have a read through the other topic ???? 

Edited by greggraham

49 minutes ago, Welshpete said:

did you not apply for a 60 day extension based on vising thai wife or child?

Apparently at CW today they are accepting printed letters for Americans as long as they are personal and have your full name as printed on the passport. Ours have passport number and date of birth as well. US Embassy normally doesn't do this but after Mondays failures with standard letter, they got letters out to a lot of people within 24 hours even though they told us to expect 72 hours wait.

Just now, Welshpete said:

Thanks for all the info just sent my 3 rd application to the uk embassy awaiting a response 

If you have a Thai wife or child, you can apply for a 60 day extension of any NON O entry

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 1:48 AM, genericptr said:

I may need to extend a METV if flights/borders are closed. I don't understand what authority Embassies have in regards to Thailands immigration policies. There's a pandemic, borders are closed, does the Thai government just want us all to go home by any means necessary?

Not sure about countries in the Europe, but everyday 7-flights are going to the USA, inclduing one going via Franfurt. For a US citizen it is not an issue. Hence, I don't think US embassy will issue any letter for extension. And they are asking all US citizens on tourist visas in Thailand  to return to the USA.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Not sure about countries in the Europe, but everyday 7-flights are going to the USA, inclduing one going via Franfurt. For a US citizen it is not an issue. Hence, I don't think US embassy will issue any letter for extension. And they are asking all US citizens on tourist visas in Thailand  to return to the USA.

US Embassy provide letter, even better they mail it to u. Me idiot Canadian had to fly Khon Kaen to CM tonight just to go get letter tomorrow.

UK and Canada were late to issue letter, but US Embassy are rock solid.

Edited by Tomate

11 hours ago, Mulambana said:

They are certainly issuing them.

The latest advisory states this "We advise temporary visitors in Thailand to arrange for immediate return to the U.S. while there is still an opportunity." Note is says advise. Also not sure what they mean by temporary which could easily mean people that got here after things went to hell as tourists.

• Like 1

Cheers, folks. What is needed for the 60 day extension based on O-visa (married to Thai wife)? Is financial proof and TM30 required and if one doesn't have these? I've always gone to Savannakhet or Saigon in the past for the visa and border hop every 90 days. I tried to cross into Burma last week to renew and even had a Myanmar visa but they closed the border practically in front of me: no entry allowed. My current 90 day period will be up April 15.

Thank you all! Hang in there!