Visa extension Refused

I am currently awaiting a letter fro British embassy 3 rd attempt. Refusal 1 , 2 replied within 12 hrs, protocol changes now 48hrs since 3 rd application  and 3rd day of overstay getting worried, heard that overstay penalty has been waiverd????

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Cheers, folks. What is needed for the 60 day extension based on O-visa (married to Thai wife)? Is financial proof and TM30 required and if one doesn't have these? I've always gone to Savannakhet or Saigon in the past for the visa and border hop every 90 days. I tried to cross into Burma last week to renew and even had a Myanmar visa but they closed the border practically in front of me: no entry allowed. My current 90 day period will be up April 15.

Thank you all! Hang in there!

Your wife and normal TM.7 extension application and copies of passport and marriage documents/fee.  Expect they will want proof of living together such as TM30 report but can normally do at same time I believe (with perhaps a fine for late reporting).  No financial proof is required.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Your wife and normal TM.7 extension application and copies of passport and marriage documents/fee.  Expect they will want proof of living together such as TM30 report but can normally do at same time I believe (with perhaps a fine for late reporting).  No financial proof is required.

Thank you, lopburi3. Much appreciated. I need to bring my wife with me to immigration?

39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

These are the requirements at Samui Immigration office for 60 day extension of Non O 3 month single entry. I am waiting for the British Embassy to reply with letter of support. Promised within 2 working days. Yeah! Good luck with that.

Samui Imm.pdf

Edited by Tmoney
  • Like 1

According to Tmoney's list, I will need rental contract, copy of household registration of current address, copy ID card of house owner, and copy of registration of house owner (tabbien baan, I guess). I have only the rental contract and not the last 3 items. Actually, I'm not sure what "copy of household registration" is...TM30? And I need the last two items to be able to do the TM30, is that not correct? Ugh...

3 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Actually, I'm not sure what "copy of household registration" is...TM30?

Believe that is the Tabbian Baan of the house owner if he is not listed on the blue book of rental house.  House owner is required to do the TM30 and you should have him do it if immigration requires for extension.

10 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

According to Tmoney's list, I will need rental contract, copy of household registration of current address, copy ID card of house owner, and copy of registration of house owner (tabbien baan, I guess). I have only the rental contract and not the last 3 items. Actually, I'm not sure what "copy of household registration" is...TM30? And I need the last two items to be able to do the TM30, is that not correct? Ugh...

To be honest I am totally confused as well, I don't rent, I (or more accurately my company, I am 49% shareholder) owns the house I live in so I am uncertain as to what SIO will demand to see when I go there.

2 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

To be honest I am totally confused as well, I don't rent, I (or more accurately my company, I am 49% shareholder) owns the house I live in so I am uncertain as to what SIO will demand to see when I go there.

How about a utility receipt, that is what I provide to obtain a residency permit and barring that I could take my updated company paperwork to prove I had a residence 

1 minute ago, Langsuan Man said:

How about a utility receipt, that is what I provide to obtain a residency permit and barring that I could take my updated company paperwork to prove I had a residence 

Yes, you're right of course, utility receipts, all company docs. including last years company balance sheets etc., all in duplicate and signed. I will take all these and guess what, there will be something I have forgotten.

20 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Yes, you're right of course, utility receipts, all company docs. including last years company balance sheets etc., all in duplicate and signed. I will take all these and guess what, there will be something I have forgotten.

Then don't be shy and ask to see the head of the Immigration office, at that point you are no longer worried about pi...someone off 

Edited by Langsuan Man

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Went to Sisaket immigration with wife this morning. First one there at 8:00. Applying for 60 day extension. Opened 8:30,was done by 9:15, no problems. Usual paperwork,marriage certificate,tabien bann,passport,wife's ID, 1900 baht.

No TM30 or tabien Baan of house owner (or is that your wife?) Thank you.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, GA19 said:

Personally I'm planning to extend a 90 day permission to stay based on marriage (before it expires in May) at KK, by another 60 days. I'm hoping that will still be possible. Regards

(Apologies for distracting from Welshpete's original thread)

Why should it be any different from any other extension? Corona Virus or not. 

3 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Thank you, lopburi3. Much appreciated. I need to bring my wife with me to immigration?

for a 60 day extension? absolutely not! you pay 1,900 baht. don't listen to these guys. 

Email from Siam legal today.

You have 2 options:
1. You make a border trip in April to get a new 90-day stamp. If this is
not possible, please proceed to option 2.
2. You go to your local immigration office and request for a temporary
60-day extension for having Thai wife.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:25 PM, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. A sentence does not need to be posed as a question. A statement implies comments regarding same.

A good reply from you would be along lines..."did imm inform you what the embassy letter needs to include..."

Again over your head.

Then followed by unrelated posts.

What I got from the OP was that he went to extend a visa, got told that he cannot

do without a letter from his embassy that he is currently waiting to arrive.

That is not a question, more like a report of his experience.

It would be interesting to know if the embassy sends out these letters as that 

seems to be the case in this instance.

4 hours ago, Welshpete said:

I am currently awaiting a letter fro British embassy 3 rd attempt. Refusal 1 , 2 replied within 12 hrs, protocol changes now 48hrs since 3 rd application  and 3rd day of overstay getting worried, heard that overstay penalty has been waiverd????

hi Pete why did they refuse letter

9 hours ago, shy coconut said:

What I got from the OP was that he went to extend a visa, got told that he cannot

do without a letter from his embassy that he is currently waiting to arrive.

That is not a question, more like a report of his experience.

The embassy have promised to send out these letters. As of now I have not received it despite it being promised within 2 working days.

This is their (automated) email reply having sent off copies of all required documents:

Thank you for your email.

This mailbox is for applications for the following consular services:

1. Letter of support for visa extension applications: if you are eligible for this you will receive your letter within 2 working days;

2. ED visa support letter

3. Supporting letter for Thai Nationality application

1. Consular letter relating to the death of a British National in Thailand (funeral directors only).  A member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to organise preparation and collection of documents.

IMPORTANT NOTICE The British Embassy Bangkok no longer issues letters confirming income. For information on what to do now, please visit our website or contact your nearest Thai Immigration Bureau or Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate.

So much for their promise!

9 hours ago, shy coconut said:

They do send the letters out , I have received one and got a visa extension with it 

1 hour ago, Welshpete said:

How long did it take

Two days for the initial reply stating that the photo that I sent them was too blurry and they couldnt see my passport number and so I sent them another clearer photo and got the actual letter back within the hour 

I have just received my letter from the Embassy, 30 minutes after first sending me an email saying I did not need one.

Anyway they came good and after all and I suppose a 3 day response is pretty good for them considering the number of requests they must be getting.