Covid-19: Government to impose state of emergency

Jonathan Fairfield

22 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Interesting idea - since once I was barred from leaving the country by the court, yet still incurred overstay at immigration.

A court barred you from leaving?  What did you do (or what were you alleged to have done) to get such a punishment?

54 minutes ago, Silurian said:

As I mentioned in another thread, what I heard was there will be a curfew from 7pm to 7am when they want you to stay indoors. No gathering in groups. Certain roads/routes might be closed. Mandatory to wear masks in certain areas. The full details to be released tomorrow (March 25).

Edited 15 minutes ago by Silurian

So the PM is miss informed as he says March 26?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

This isn't how my wife tells the story of the Airport Link virus line at rush hour ..... I can only hope they enforce this but I am doubtful to say the least 

I wonder what happens when there are more than 3 passengers for every BTS wagon? That distancing game will surely be much more difficult to play then.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

- no punishment, an old woman ran into me when I was on my bike. Even though I'd already stopped, it happened in a soi, so the vehicle is always wrong. In the end I only got a 4000 baht fine, but once you're waiting for an appearance you cannot cross borders, and immigration wouldn't do anything to help.

makes sense - for here that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, smedly said:

seems like they are just following the UK's lead

what about immigration offices that right now have long lines going out into the street 100's of people ????????????

Not all of them hehe 

I went for a 30 day extension this morning, arrived at immigration at about 10:30am I was out before 11:00am 

About 15 people for various things in the immigration office. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I wonder what happens when there are more than 3 passengers for every BTS wagon? That distancing game will surely be much more difficult to play then.

this has been a problem since all these experts started saying you should make sure you adhere to social distancing ... up until this week the trains were absolutely jammed during rush hours with people going and coming from work. Wife says its not as bad this week but still not ideal

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Metapod said:

coronavirus is the least of our worries now. we will end up destroying the world economy long before this virus does any serious harm.

And what is the reaon for todays mess in the world economy? Just the same virus that according to you not make any seious harm.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2