Covid-19: Government to impose state of emergency

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, Silurian said:

No. The PM stated that the state of emergency will go into effect on Thursday, March 26th. The details of what this means should be released tomorrow (March 25th).

Ok, Sorry, my misstake.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Is doing a 90 day an essential task in order to leave home ?

I've been trying to do mine online for ages. Couldn't get past pg1. Went in today. Everyone wearing masks and social distancing in action. Plenty of hand gel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm here on a multi-entry non-O. My 90 days expire on 5/10. My plan is to convert to annual extension based on retirement but $ won't be mature (2 months in Thai account) until 4/10. Now we have this emergency order coming in which will surely extend beyond 4/10. Do I wait until the emergency order is lifted and hope that happens before 5/10 or jump to an immigration office tomorrow to try something else?  Your thoughts?

Heard from a friend who went to get a ticket today that Thai airways to close on Monday domestic. My daughter works for Thai at BKK and they are having a meeting today of what the airport will do for all areas. As I just saw Philippine and EVA airways are general 99% shut for flights to BKK so things are closing up as it looks. Time to go to the store for some wine and scotch and sit back at home and at least semi enjoy the ride.

• Like 2