looking for melatonin

carolc

Melatonin as a sleep aid? It didn't work for me, and from memory was 600 baht. I tried Codiphen, drowsy antihistamine, 50 baht for 10 tablets at Peera Pharmacy, Thapae Gate, Chiang Mai. Worked like a charm, take it once or twice a week when I feel like a good night's sleep.

I may be jumping to conclusions. However, if it's sleep you want, I'd recommend trying Codiphen first.

It's useful to try to regulate / reset your sleep cycle (typically used for jet lag issues) because it will cause most people to fall asleep. However it doesn't keep you asleep. There is time released melatonin for that but that often causes drowsiness the next day. It's not meant to be used daily for long periods of time. I use it occasionally and find it useful. I accidentally recently bought the time released kind so I guess I'll test out whether the next day drowsiness is an issue for me. 

I got some at Big C Extra 2, it was in their pharmacy which I believe is called 'Pure'

Edit: Sorry this was in Chiang Mai, but I expect they are all the same.

Edited by Marcous

Boots sell it now. 600baht for 15 tablets behind the counter, in a box you could fit a laptop in, no idea what size the tablets are...  You'd pay about 30cent for that elsewhere in the world.. Must be "Special" thai verison

Edited by dsf9