Issan food restaurants open, Farang restaurants closed

Brer

Driving between Phon Phisai and Beung Kan I observed a number of large restaurants closed included the one I wanted to stop at. 

Some were open for what I presume was takeaway as customers were waiting but sitting.

However some @#$&wits were carrying on like it was a normal day with customers sat down eating.

I just wonder where the policing is, this country is going to savaged by the Corona Virus, it’s so sad to see these idiotic morons owners and patrons inflicting this virus across the countryside.

So many Thai’s just don’t get it, bopin yung doc.

Nothing you can do now. Move away, carry on and take care of yourself. 

These people will become ill and will either die; or incur lung damage; or will fully  recover.

Chances are they will infect their  families and  elderly relatives and kill someone, so best just to avoid them.

My take on this situation is, it's a mixture of racist xenophobic enforcement by the police and authorities.  And/or the considerate, law abiding actions of the farlang owned establishment to meet with the law.  Just a gues!?!?

Saw pretty much the same examples in the centre of Udon. They shut down all eating places in Central Mall, for takeaway only,  but outside In the streets not far away were groups of Thais at noodle bars huddled up eating together. 

The only message they will listen to is once they are not allowed to be on the street. 

Edited by Kadilo

12 hours ago, Traubert said:

Would it have been ok if the place you wanted to stop at was open?

I stopped there and found out they had been told they had to close until 1st April and they complied with that instruction. I was unaware of restaurants being closed down prior to arriving there.

Today some restaurants are open like it’s a a normal day and others have removed seats and taped off entry points and are only doing takeaway.

Whatever instructions are being issued are as clear as mud so it seems or are blatantly being disobeyed.

Corona Virus is most welcome in parts of Issan it seems.

The Police and the Health Authorities have different messages to Restaurant Owners. I spoke with Clayton who co-owns London Steak in Buriram on Thursday. My daughter owns a small Thai restaurant was ordered by police on Thursday evening to stop sit down dining and to only serve via take away and delivery. Book & Bed Restaurant in Buriram is owned by a Thai couple. London Steak and Book N Bed Restaurant both had sit down diners spaced 2 meters apart on Thursday. It could be different today. My point is that different Government authorities have different understandings of the guidelines. Safety for everyone should be the goal. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 9:14 AM, kamalabob2 said:

The Police and the Health Authorities have different messages to Restaurant Owners. I spoke with Clayton who co-owns London Steak in Buriram on Thursday. My daughter owns a small Thai restaurant was ordered by police on Thursday evening to stop sit down dining and to only serve via take away and delivery. Book & Bed Restaurant in Buriram is owned by a Thai couple. London Steak and Book N Bed Restaurant both had sit down diners spaced 2 meters apart on Thursday. It could be different today. My point is that different Government authorities have different understandings of the guidelines. Safety for everyone should be the goal. 

Jimmy's in Buriram is open for sit down dining also. 2 people per table, tables a certain distance apart, etc.

• Thanks 1