Airines, hotels, and expedia etc

elephant45

I got stuck in Thailand with the volcano in Iceland, had to pay for a one way with KLM after Emirates wouldn't answer the phone  or emails. Never paid my own money for them again although did fly them a few times for work. I've been reading in UK news about low cost airlines like easyjet and ryanair dumping their customers and leaving them stranded in N Africa, Canary Islands and mainland Europe. They got emails explaining how to get refunds. I think both those airlines will have trouble finding customers when the world starts getting back to normal. 

Very bad opinion on the service of Booking.com. I booked a room with good price but was No-refundable. After few days they sent a message that the price was not correct and asking more without possibility of change mind. Now that I can't go because the flight is cancelled for COvid-19 they charge the price of the room.
I can survive without that money but I hope that some customers follow my messages and avoid Booking.com in the future.

I booked a trip on AirAsia a couple of weeks on trip.com -- cheaper because they don't charge AirAsia's "convenience fee" for card payments -- and when AirAsia cancelled the flight this week there was an option on trip.com for me to cancel with full refund or change flight date. Haven't received money back yet, but that's normal.

I had 5 hotels booked with Agoda in Borneo totalling 35,000baht for a trip next month and although it's taken a week I have managed to get refunded in full. Only negative was they could only offer the most expensive hotel as AgodaCash valid for 3 months rather than cash refund but that's fine as I'll travel once borders open.

As for Air Asia I had 5 flights booked and to date no refund despite completing the online cancellation as per instructions and receiving confirmation e mail but expect in time to be refunded in full.

https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Covid-19-Refund-Request-Guide?language=en_GB&sc_src=email_2223902&sc_lid=136566308&sc_uid=pugIhLwxiH&sc_llid=6324260&utm_medium=email&utm_source=aa_branding&utm_campaign=AA_GB_BRD|WeCare|19032020|en-gb&sc_eh=02c2b37703b1e10e1

6 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Only negative was they could only offer the most expensive hotel as AgodaCash valid for 3 months rather than cash refund

Just took a call from Agoda and they noticed my comment regarding my concern on the 3 month validity on AgodaCash and are now offering a full cash refund. Highly satisfied.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elephant45 said:

Mahseer I went to that website and they are only offering flight changes no refunds.

You are correct in saying no cash refunds but there is a 'credit account' option which allows you a year in which to redeem funds for any flight which personally suits me but yes under the circumstances cash refunds should have been offered.

Very bad experiences with most of airlines during the Covid-19. Most of them cancelled all flights without giving possibility to their passengers of going back home. Also most of them are not giving back the money for cancelled flights or the procedure is not applicable. Air Asia and Qatar Airways, two on that list that I'll remember for the future.

• Like 1