BANGKOK
finy

I’m arriving in Chiang Mai tomorrow and didn’t expect this

3 hours ago, finy said:

I was tested for virus at train station and I’m fine.

Hopefully I can get away with saying I’ve come from Samui and I just passed through BKK.

Hopefully you can get away with saying you came from somewhere else? The stupidity is astounding. Don't try to get away with anything - just how selfish are you? Don't come to CM, go home. People who try to get around the rules for their own convenience at the moment could literally be responsible for hundreds of deaths in the future.

4 hours ago, Genmai said:

Get your head out of your ass and in with the program. No, you were NOT tested for the virus. You had an infrared thermometer of questionable utility pointed at your forehead. Means absolutely **** all. I think you're beyond help but please for the sake of others STAY INDOORS.

Bit of a strident response....

Please refer yourself to that epic post of your earlier this morning.

*Laugh emoji*

23 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

How could anyone with internet access not know about Corona lockdowns? Amazing.

Mindboggling. Must be same as  tourists who still rent jet skis and follow touts to gem shops. 

• Haha 1

Strange post. Given the world, including Thailand, has been experiencing the virus and rules, lockdowns, death, overwhelmed medical facilities, lack of basics for sale, and more for many weeks, why would anybody travel at this time, and how did you travel to Chiang Mai?

Good to see more stupid "farangs" on the way and not know or aware whats going on around them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, finy said:

I was tested for virus at train station and I’m fine.

Hopefully I can get away with saying I’ve come from Samui and I just passed through BKK.

Tested for what?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, finy said:

I was on the islands (Samui) and they didn’t shut the bars until the last few nights of my holiday.

Nobody was saying anything about how serious it was up here (island life)

It is country wide and not just Chiang Mai.

All the entertainment places will be closed. 

All the beaches will be closed.

You can't dine in at restaurants just take-away.

So it's best to go back to your home country unless you don't mind boredom for the next one month. It might even be extended beyond one month.

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Tested for what?

Tested for stupidity and they sent him on his way because he had no foresight to look at the news or on his phones news feed, probably only concerned with escaping from himself......Stupid is as Stupid does.  I am sure all those on the bus that were crammed shoulder to shoulder from Mo Chit had a fit to ride certificate issued, HAHAHAHA.  Again last night they opened up the countries borders to let the migrant workers escape and get to their home countries and spread the love to their own families.  Thailand has no cares about people only the top 1%.  Lets see what this coming emergency degree imposes.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I am not sure after all the rules come into effect that you will be able to rent a room that easy here, but there are literally hundreds open. 

Getting a room will be easy because most are empty nowadays. The problem is the boredom and being cramped into a small room.

I once had a crazy Canadian neighbour at a condo who rarely take a bath and everytime he opens his door, the smell is overwhelming.

Then there are neighbours who play their horrible music out loud enough to drive you crazy.

Edited by EricTh