I’m arriving in Chiang Mai tomorrow and didn’t expect this

finy

6 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Yeah, don’t stress.

Just get a room, where you’ve stayed before might be helpful for you.

Get a room and hunker down, nice low profile...

I'm at the place I always go.

This lockdown is a lot more relaxed than most people think. Everyone is acting like it's business as usual, although there and a few shops closed + I know lockdown doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

Has anyone been to Bangkok. It's COMPLETELY different and WAY MORE serious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

wow finy, what did you take on that island? can you even remember? the only guy i quoted was you!

Sorry dude,

You quoted baansgr who said he doesn't even want to read my post if I've been to Mo Chit.

You quoted him and replied with a joke about using anti-virus scan and CCleaner.

It's against the rules to edit quotes. You can't just change them and say I was on drugs lol

I was telling the guy he should be a little more sensitive to Mo Chit.

But I get the feeling you're just messing around so no mud throwing your way.

4 hours ago, erinsf said:

What rock have you been under? Why are you traveling? I just don’t get why, anyone thinks it’s okay to travel?  Thailand is smart. They are closed . The country goes into a state of emergency tomorrow. Nothing will be open. 

I've been here about 8 years and living in Chiang Mai for most of them.

I can't go back and find the name of the person who talked about that photo where there were thousands of people squeezed together at Mo Chit, but it must have scared them into action because it's completely different now.

From what I've seen in Chiang Mai so far you're just as likely to catch it here.

• Like 1

That article outlines steps the PM can take.

There is no official curfew yet.

I'm sure something official might pop up soon, especially in Bangkok. I doubt it will be a blanket lockdown across the entire country.

You may have dodged a bullet, mate.

Chiang Mai is one of if not the most polluted city in the world, or the last place you'd want to be during a pandemic involving a virus that attacks the respitory system! ☠️☠️☠️

21 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Yes, virus delivery right to your door, never have to leave home!

The delivery guy isn't that much closer than people working in stores /markets or people you meet on the street. You seem a bit paranoid. 

• Like 1

I can see both sides.

There are a few older guys in Chiang Mai who could catch virus and end up dead. It would be kind of stupid not be be paranoid.

And if you're a bit younger with no underlying conditions there isn't anything to worry about.

Unless there is a UK-like explosion in cases I can't see anyone dying. In fact, I can't see anywhere in South East Asia having more than a few very unfortunate deaths and a little more sick people.

I read two people die on scooters on Samui each day (average). There have been 4 deaths here in the whole of Thailand in last 4+ months. Most people are too paranoid.

I bet more people commit suicide because of the ecomony (lose job, can't feed kids, end marriage) than die of the virus itself. I've already seen 2 deaths because of suicide. One girl couldn't imagine living in lockdown and the other was a nurse who caught the virus and felt bad about who she might have given it to.

Let's get the world started slowly in the next few weeks.

I'll sneeze in your face and you can sneeze in mine.

6 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

With the greatest of respect dingdong (your choice of name, not mine) that is simply crazy-talk ...

Simple commonsense could tell you that ordering a home delivery of food from a random Grab service will expose an individual to way less opportunities to come into contact with a virus than ... 

leaving home

transporting yourself to food shop/market

eating there and transporting back home or returning home with food

By now, you must have read at least one set of 'home isolation' guidelines ... the planet is awash with them ... they all recommend having friends or family deliver food or use a food delivery service.

Get a couple thing straight:

First it's dingdongrb, not dingdong...... and secondly, all I said was virus delivery right at your door. Please show me where I stated that delivery was more or less of a way to contract the virus...... hmmmmmmmmmm

On 3/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, finy said:

I was on the islands (Samui) and they didn’t shut the bars until the last few nights of my holiday.

Nobody was saying anything about how serious it was up here (island life)

So I really had no clue.

I don’t mind a Netflix binge for a few weeks.

Just want new visa and get room safely.

a few weeks? lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Is this a troll post? The OP allegedly travelled from Morchit to Chiang Mai by bus but tested negative at the Train Station?

Whatever it is, it is not worthy of any serious response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Whatever it is, it is not worthy of any serious response. 

Well said.

90 percent of these replies have just been scaremongering uninformed lies.

dingdongrb wrote: I enjoy cooking and having things hot and fresh as well as much as I would like without having to wait or pay an arm and a leg for it. I enjoy cooking and having things hot and fresh as well as much as I would like without having to wait or pay an arm and a leg for it.I enjoy cooking and having things hot and fresh as well as much as I would like without having to wait or pay an arm and a leg for it.

Wow ! If only I had taste buds (they died 13 years ago as a result of radiation treatment), and knew where your house was ???? The sight of your cinnamon rolls made even my impaired salivary glands quiver. Good photos, too.

thanks, ~o:37;

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, PeteDaKat said:

PeteDAKat, go back and reread the announcement. At the moment there is NO nationwide curfew. What you have posted the link to is in fact a list of ADDITIONAL regulations the govt may impose under the state of emergency should they consider it necessary to do so. However, some Provinces/Districts have already imposed there own curfews in addition to the lockdowns. e.g. my District has imposed a curfew between 8.00 p.m. - 5.00 a.m. daily until the end of April.  Furthermore, the suggested curfew in the link is just that. The fact of the matter is the govt has publicly stated they are seriously considering imposing a 24 hour curfew, not just a night time curfew, should they decide to impose one.