BANGKOK
finy

I’m arriving in Chiang Mai tomorrow and didn’t expect this

21 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Yes, virus delivery right to your door, never have to leave home!

The delivery guy isn't that much closer than people working in stores /markets or people you meet on the street. You seem a bit paranoid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The delivery guy isn't that much closer than people working in stores /markets or people you meet on the street. You seem a bit paranoid. 

...and you seem unconcerned

• Like 1

I can see both sides.

There are a few older guys in Chiang Mai who could catch virus and end up dead. It would be kind of stupid not be be paranoid.

And if you're a bit younger with no underlying conditions there isn't anything to worry about.

Unless there is a UK-like explosion in cases I can't see anyone dying. In fact, I can't see anywhere in South East Asia having more than a few very unfortunate deaths and a little more sick people.

I read two people die on scooters on Samui each day (average). There have been 4 deaths here in the whole of Thailand in last 4+ months. Most people are too paranoid.

I bet more people commit suicide because of the ecomony (lose job, can't feed kids, end marriage) than die of the virus itself. I've already seen 2 deaths because of suicide. One girl couldn't imagine living in lockdown and the other was a nurse who caught the virus and felt bad about who she might have given it to.

Let's get the world started slowly in the next few weeks.

I'll sneeze in your face and you can sneeze in mine.

14 hours ago, finy said:

Sorry dude,

You quoted baansgr who said he doesn't even want to read my post if I've been to Mo Chit.

You quoted him and replied with a joke about using anti-virus scan and CCleaner.

It's against the rules to edit quotes. You can't just change them and say I was on drugs lol

I was telling the guy he should be a little more sensitive to Mo Chit.

But I get the feeling you're just messing around so no mud throwing your way.

For the record ...

(a) i did not say you were ''on drugs'' ... i asked what you took on the 'party' island. Different.

(b) i haven't edited any quotes and never have beyond <snipping> or otherwise highlighting relevant words where appropriate, this imo is universally accepted practice

(c) if i quote someone or use someone else's quote inside my post ... and you don't like that original quote ... you need to take it up with them, not me! 

If you can find an example of mine where (b) is not true, please let me know and/or report it to moderator. they provide a button for that.

Best of luck.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, finy said:

<snip>

And if you're a bit younger with no underlying conditions there isn't anything to worry about.

<snip>

Google 'spreader' or if you are up to it 'super-spreader'

Bye

With the greatest of respect dingdong (your choice of name, not mine) that is simply crazy-talk ...

Simple commonsense could tell you that ordering a home delivery of food from a random Grab service will expose an individual to way less opportunities to come into contact with a virus than ... 

leaving home

transporting yourself to food shop/market

eating there and transporting back home or returning home with food

By now, you must have read at least one set of 'home isolation' guidelines ... the planet is awash with them ... they all recommend having friends or family deliver food or use a food delivery service.

this is a terrible crisis we are facing.

stay in your home and dont come out for any reason, and stop complaining.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

With the greatest of respect dingdong (your choice of name, not mine) that is simply crazy-talk ...

Simple commonsense could tell you that ordering a home delivery of food from a random Grab service will expose an individual to way less opportunities to come into contact with a virus than ... 

leaving home

transporting yourself to food shop/market

eating there and transporting back home or returning home with food

By now, you must have read at least one set of 'home isolation' guidelines ... the planet is awash with them ... they all recommend having friends or family deliver food or use a food delivery service.

Get a couple thing straight:

First it's dingdongrb, not dingdong...... and secondly, all I said was virus delivery right at your door. Please show me where I stated that delivery was more or less of a way to contract the virus...... hmmmmmmmmmm

On 3/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, finy said:

I was on the islands (Samui) and they didn’t shut the bars until the last few nights of my holiday.

Nobody was saying anything about how serious it was up here (island life)

So I really had no clue.

I don’t mind a Netflix binge for a few weeks.

Just want new visa and get room safely.

a few weeks? lol

• Like 1

Is this a troll post? The OP allegedly travelled from Morchit to Chiang Mai by bus but tested negative at the Train Station?

9 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Is this a troll post? The OP allegedly travelled from Morchit to Chiang Mai by bus but tested negative at the Train Station?

Whatever it is, it is not worthy of any serious response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Get a couple thing straight:

First it's dingdongrb, not dingdong...... and secondly, all I said was virus delivery right at your door. Please show me where I stated that delivery was more or less of a way to contract the virus...... hmmmmmmmmmm

I stand corrected, profuse apologies, of course you are correct and dingdongrb projects a much more serious and weighty image.

Beats me why Yoda didn't call himself Yodarb.

but to respond to your question ... it's not my job to show you anything related to your post, that's your job.

It's my job (but i see it more of a calling) to respond.

Once more, my work is done. 

Stay safe and enjoy your virus-rich shopping trips while i tuck into this delicious home-delivered Tomato Consomme and Smoked Ricotta Tortelli, Sarson Ki Gilawat with Corn and Cheese Tostadas Sesame and Coriander Crusted Basa polished off with a Slow Poached Egg with Bacon Dust & Parmesan Foam.  

Edited by pdtokyo
... and maybe just a tiny after-dinner mint

59 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

49 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Whatever it is, it is not worthy of any serious response. 

Awww, come on ... a lot of us are stuck in isolation/quarantine/social distancing ... and constantly looking to pile into threads with high entertainment value ... this one scores 70% in my book ... but hint: the guy who's just resurrected his Swampy-IO-No-Hand-Sanitiser rant swung the dial straight to 82% it's a doozy.