TOEFL score 640 points out of 670. Is that good enough ?

I have BA in English Language and Literature , TEFL certificate , 15 years of experience as a teacher. Today I took the TOEFL test and my score is 640 points out of 670. Is that good enough ? I am a teacher and according to new rules by the government I have to pass 550 points as a non-native teacher. 

PS: During the test we had to wear the masks and it was really uncomfortable. However for the sake of being safe , it is a must ????  No TOEIC anymore as the test centers are closed due to Coronavirus, so I had to take the TOEFL instead , which is harder than the TOEIC test.

Edited by kersoz32
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, El Guapo said:

As an English teacher, and not knowing your audience, shouldn't you define the acronyms you use to your audience?

Most English teachers know the meaning of these acronyms. 

OP, the next step should be your license. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:10 PM, El Guapo said:

As an English teacher, and not knowing your audience, shouldn't you define the acronyms you use to your audience?

leaving out definitions filters out not-so-useful responses. those who don't know what BA, TEFL, TOEFL, TOIEC, and PS stand for have little to add to OP's question.

OP, as far as tests go higher is always better. a score of 640 should serve you well.

The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120 points. Each of the four sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) receives a scaled score from 0 to 30. The scaled scores from the four sections are added together to determine the total score

So I don't know which test you took but it was not TOEFL with a score like that

22 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Probably took the TOEIC after all. TOEFL is for students. 

As no TOEIC due to Corona Virus , government authorities told the school that we can take the TOEFL test ( which is harder than TOEIC) . And it is not only for students. Educators or the ones who need to prove their English level take the test.