home delivery food not delivering

seajae

tried ordering home delivery chicken tonight(wife on the way to Bangkok to pick up our daughter and I didnt feel like cooking) but after doing the card details it said "sorry, return to start page" so I did it all again and got the same thing again so I decided to give it a miss &  get pizza instead, the order went through fine and the tracking software showed them cooking it then it being out for delivery but nothing arrived at the delivery time and an hour later still nothing then the tracking system changed saying it was delivered when it wasnt. Checked my bank account and the chicken place had taken out the order payment twice but had no record of the my order and the pizza place had also taken the money and not delivered, while I dont get home delivery often it has always been good from both these shops so this is somethng new, hopefully they refund asap though I will not use either again after this, being ripped off once is enough

Edited by seajae

Did order food here in Chiang Mai many times, paid through my card, tracking fine, food delivery fine. Never had a problem.

It could be that the system is in overdrive now with many more people put in orders????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jurg said:

Did order food here in Chiang Mai many times, paid through my card, tracking fine, food delivery fine. Never had a problem.

It could be that the system is in overdrive now with many more people put in orders????

You probably hit it on the head, lots of people ordering for delivery and the system had to many requests.  A good sign, folks are staying home.  OP hope dinner works out, if they have always been good give em a chance and see what happened. 

• Like 2

Here in Surin, Foodpanda seems to have taken over food delivery. I was at Robinson's Mall last week and saw several of their delivery crew members picking up orders at Pizza Co and at a couple of the other food shops. Today at Big C, there were 2 picking up food at KFC.

I am in Bangkok near Victory Monument. Every second bike is a Grab and the riders are pretty much the only people in the Century Mall picking up orders.

I prefer Food Panda myself and they've been ok recently, though not the best online system. I miss Uber Foods.