COVID-19 INFO FOR CENTRAL THAILAND

Saraburi121

Pretty busy on the main TV COVID Forum, hard to sort any local area specific news. Lots of rumors here in the village in Saraburi since the exodus from Bangkok.  Thought maybe it was worth it to start something in the local forum to keep each other informed.  Thoughts and contributions welcome. 

Thanks much, would be a great help!  I really don't see many farungs during immigration visits, has to be more.  Only me and an Australian live here local in northernmost Saraburi that I see or hear of.  Pretty much an information void local, only rumors. Again, thanks!

Sukhothai 1 reported case so far.

Muang Kao OK where I live but all restaurants and parks closed. 

One restaurant is doing takeaways. 

Still waiting on curfew hours which they will do if people don't comply with guide lines. 

Big'C'open for food only but banks inside are open. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Sukhothai 1 reported case so far.

Muang Kao OK where I live but all restaurants and parks closed. 

One restaurant is doing takeaways. 

Still waiting on curfew hours which they will do if people don't comply with guide lines. 

Big'C'open for food only but banks inside are open. 

Was at a restaurant last night near historical park, not closed.

We were the only customers tho.

Also the only guests in the hotel we're in.

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Was at a restaurant last night near historical park, not closed.

We were the only customers tho.

Also the only guests in the hotel we're in.

Well which one there are hundreds and my restaurant which I call my pub 7 is open but only for takeaways, nobody is suppose to sit together while waiting. 

Maybe hotel restaurant rules are not as I was told or maybe it's a small hotel whose taking s chance. 

I’m stocked up on food and water for a while but thinking about when we have to resupply.  Portable water is delivered by a company to our small village relatively cheap so hope that continues.  For meat and vegetables only option is the local outdoor market or a run to Lotus or Makro 40 km away.  Not sure which would be safer, local outdoor market or make the drive to Lotus or Makro in Pak Chong which would mean going out of our province.  Probably going to stay local, no rumors or reports of Covid in near villages. Have wife and two kids to feed. What are the food resupply plans for those who live away from larger municipalities?

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well which one there are hundreds and my restaurant which I call my pub 7 is open but only for takeaways, nobody is suppose to sit together while waiting. 

Maybe hotel restaurant rules are not as I was told or maybe it's a small hotel whose taking s chance. 

Stayed at Sriwilai, lovely hotel.

We ate at one of the restaurants on the right just before the sharp bend, opposite a pretty big white building, the name escapes me, food was <deleted>, beer was good tho.

Makro and other supermarkets are a 20km drive for me, no problems here for stock or access at present. I have stocked up on usual supplies  just in case but all seems quite normal for now, but with stock and freezer full we could run about 2 months or so if had to.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:31 PM, CharlieH said:

Makro and other supermarkets are a 20km drive for me, no problems here for stock or access at present. I have stocked up on usual supplies  just in case but all seems quite normal for now, but with stock and freezer full we could run about 2 months or so if had to.

Your information is pointless without a location.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet "City" No reports of any Virus as of yet. Get my information from local hospital management. 

2 of the local restaurant have closed down but the rest 100s are still open selling food like normal. Tesco, Big C, Robinsons, 7/11, (Makro they are testing your temp: as you go in) All open for foods and everything else as usual. Along with the markets/stalls.

Other than more peeps wearing masks it's like nothing has happened.

• Like 1

Made a trip to the Pork Shop in Wang Muang just past the 7-11. A fair selection of frozen pork, fresh pork/parts and ground, frozen chicken patties, chicken nuggets, frozen squid and a few other items. Not sure how much they had in the back to replenish.  Well stocked and fresh pork was inside coolers under a glass lid, tell the staff what you want and they get it for you.  Not out in the open with everyone fingering it. Very friendly staff, 3 girls working were very helpful and were happy to answer questions.  Provided hand sanitizer and wore masks. BBQd the fresh pork neck we bought tonight and was great.  I like this place more than the local open air market right now.  

7-11 and Lotus Mini Wang Muang had a few bottles of wine as usual, most dry noodles were out of stock except for cups. 

Got a resupply of basic sundries on the way back in Sap Sanun and no shortage on stocks. Local shops there were stocked as usual. 

Trying to support the local stores and avoid going to Pak Chong Makro.  Bit more expensive but helps the smaller business and us.  I am an American and wore my mask and was treated with politeness everywhere I went. Filled up at the Shell station on the way back  and was greeted by 3 ladies wearing masks and diesel was a bit cheaper. 

• Thanks 1

Had some blocks and building material delivered today from a hardware store in Wang Muang, did all the transactions over the phone and transferred money via K-Bank.  Material was dropped off, paperwork signed with gloves and mask, social distancing followed.  Good to keep the local businesses going and me busy safely.

• Thanks 1