Thai who smeared saliva on BTS lift ordered jailed for 15 days

webfact

Thai who smeared saliva on BTS lift ordered jailed for 15 days

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Pathumwan court sentenced a 32 year old Thai man to 15 days in jail for dirty behavior after he was caught on CCTV covering the lift buttons at the National Stadium BTS with his saliva. 

He had also put his hand down his pants in gestures that shocked the public trying to maintain cleanliness amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Following a social media outcry he was soon in custody. He was checked and had neither a mental illness nor the virus. 

He will be held at a quarantine facility in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok rather than enter the prison system. 

ROyal Thai Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen used the opportunity of a press call to remind the public to wear masks, wash their hands well with gel or soap and water, avoid using the same receptacles or cutlery, not to gather in public and to practice social distancing by being apart from people at a suitable distance at all times. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-25
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

ROyal Thai Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen used the opportunity of a press call to remind the public to wear masks, wash their hands well with gel or soap and water, avoid using the same receptacles or cutlery, not to gather in public and to practice social distancing by being apart from people at a suitable distance at all times. 

and  did the said Police spokesman drop by CW  Immigration today?

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Antonymous said:

A pathetically lax punishment, hardly any different from anyone else in the population confined for two weeks of self quarantine. Hardly a deterrent is it? Expect copycats to follow.

Imagine if it had been a farang. What punishment then?

Probably a [largish] fine. Farang have money. Thais don't.

• Like 1

Definitely not the sharpest tool in the box to do this at the present time. Also disgusting. I think this action is punishment enough...let's not go overboard by wishing for stricter police state measures than are already in place...this guy may be mentally ill and if he's not, he's just ignorant, or stupid or I don't know what.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Saliva is a wonderful natural lubricant.  With such ubiquitous deposits, this gentleman will be uniquely equipped to handle to rigours of a jail term.

Except he's not going to jail..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Parsve said:

As I remember it, when the news about his behaviour he was mentioned as a farrang. Wonder why?

Maybe you seen a different post from me. The initial one I saw mentioned a foreign tourist not Farang. 

Tourist seen applying his saliva all over BTS lift

n1.png

10 hours ago, Antonymous said:

A pathetically lax punishment, hardly any different from anyone else in the population confined for two weeks of self quarantine. Hardly a deterrent is it? Expect copycats to follow.

Imagine if it had been a farang. What punishment then?

deportation or a long stint in Klong Prom jail for a farang !!