Hygeine in restaurants is pathetic

nomad2019

24 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

So why did you go to a restaurant and sit with other people to eat?

Who told you i was not 2 metres away from other people ?

We are hearing about the spread of this virus from beer bars etc but

Im in KC and many restaurants are still open .

Whats point in closing bars . Cinemas etc if there are still many many filthy places open serving dirty unclean cutlery and glasses.

Now im not having a go at thai lifestyle, ive eaten thai food from these types places all my life but in the current climate i think that food safety hygeine should be stepped up in all eateries not only thai places.  Think how many people have drank from a glass you have just been handed....the very same glass that wash half washed with cold water ????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

The waiter was 2 meters away when you ordered the food and it was served? What about when you paid the bill ? 

What an Idiotic reply ????????????   so i am wrong about the hygiene ?

Or do you want rant on about how far i was away from waiter...read the post again...i left the place, i did not eat, i did not drink 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Look, we all know that people in this part of world generally lack high food hygiene standards. Thais are clean people in terms of their personal hygiene but food standards are very low. 

Other than the Japanese and Koreans to a lesser degree, food culture in Asia is filthy. 

It is particularly bad in countries heavily influenced by Chinese culture. 

There is a saying in Asia that 

"In China, they eat everything on four legs except the table." 

"They eat everything that flies except the airplane." 

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

With the world crisis these restaurants both thai street style food shops etc should be closed down

Sukhothai closing for 14 days starting tomorrow with curfew being set as well allegedly.

34 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Look, we all know that people in this part of world generally lack high food hygiene standards. Thais are clean people in terms of their personal hygiene but food standards are very low. 

Other than the Japanese and Koreans to a lesser degree, food culture in Asia is filthy. 

My earliest memory of Asian food hygeine came when I was like 19 and moved into NYC, while exploring Chinatown, I looked down the various basement entrances (the shops would have a double metal basement door to bring supplies in, etc) to see Chinese dudes in wife beaters with cigs dangling out their mouths standing ankle deep in muddy water chopping up pigs and stuff. There was a place called Hong Fat on Mott Street where you sat a long tables with strangers and wiped your place yourself under a forest of fly strips. Wonderful food.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Its all designed to build up your immune system for other things you will encounter living in Thailand 

Too true.  my father said many years ago 'A little of what you fancy does you good '. I think a little bit of bad air and this virus helps the immune system . What good is it sitting indoors all day with cold scrubbed air then going out to eat ?  

• Like 2

TIT, what did you expect. Took me 1 year when I first arrived here after several bouts food poisoning not to eat at shoddy looking food outlets cafes, restaurants, etc. and especially street vendors, before you eat, check the place out, good clean toilets are a good sign plus busy with Thais customers.

10 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

Whats point in closing bars . Cinemas etc if there are still many many filthy places open serving dirty unclean cutlery and glasses.

Now im not having a go at thai lifestyle, ive eaten thai food from these types places all my life but in the current climate i think that food safety hygeine should be stepped up in all eateries not only thai places.  Think how many people have drank from a glass you have just been handed....the very same glass that wash half washed with cold water ????????????????????????

I drank out of a glass in doctors no paper cups but i cleaned first with a bacterial wipe i always carry.got some strange looks but couldn.t give a toss

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

Complaining about hygeine but still going out to sit and eat somewhere where your touching tables chairs and everything else people touch that eat there , and you fall over a dirty drinking glass . You can say whatever you want blaming others , but the only one to blame in this story is you. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

What an Idiotic reply ????????????   so i am wrong about the hygiene ?

Or do you want rant on about how far i was away from waiter...read the post again...i left the place, i did not eat, i did not drink 

But you still went there , and if the glass or everything else would have looked clean , you would have eaten there . Doesn't matter if everything looks clean can still carry germs virusses or whatever . So again the only one to blame in this story is you and you should not even have written this . 

16 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

With the world crisis these restaurants both thai street style food shops etc should be closed down to meet proper food safety standards.

Watched in amazement yesterday while restaurant owner came around everyone with a dab of hand sanitizer ...then i seen the state of the glass that was put in front of me ...it was filthy plus it probably was only breifly cleaned with cold water so any virus would likely spread. They should wash everything with hot water jets ! Noticed at the side of kitchen where it was absolutely rotten with many rat hole rat runs up the side...so got out of there.

What im saying is that people are washing down the streets but really this virus will spread much more quickly from people drinking out of these cups glasses and eating and using this cutlery.

You just noticed this now?

And as you appear to be from London, what do you think is going on behind the scene there?  You think all those restaurants and take-aways are sparkling clean?  More likely a grundgy teen or a surly Bangladeshi putting your food together between scratching themselves both above and below the belt.

16 hours ago, transam said:

In the UK we are advised to be immunised against Hepititus variants moving to LOS......????

Yes, all should get Hep A and Hep B vaccines.  There is a common combined vaccine for the two.  A for food stuff, B if you think there is a chance you would come in contact with the blood supply.  Not expensive and highly recommended.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Don't we know it.......