Hygeine in restaurants is pathetic

nomad2019

The last hygiene course I did in London in 2006 I was informed that in the UK you are never more than 6 feet away from a brown rat. Nice to see even the British rats did social distancing pre-corona virus. Must be all those tourists from exotic climes.

Like, oh anywhere that doesn't offend anyone. Definitely not anyone that eats off a plate with their fingers. Did you know mice are incontinent?

13 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thais are clean people in terms of their personal hygiene but food standards are very low. 

They like to think they are because the shower however many times a day but quite happy to not wash their hands after going to the loo. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, nomad2019 said:

555 ????????????????

You're just another whiner. You had the chance to leave before they closed the borders. But no, you stayed and keep complaining.

Edited by Max69xl

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

The last hygiene course I did in London in 2006 I was informed that in the UK you are never more than 6 feet away from a brown rat. Nice to see even the British rats did social distancing pre-corona virus. Must be all those tourists from exotic climes.

Like, oh anywhere that doesn't offend anyone. Definitely not anyone that eats off a plate with their fingers. Did you know mice are incontinent?

I sweep lizard poo up every morning. I had a fat one charge out from under my bed and out the door this morning. I havent had a solid poop in 2 months and I cook my own food and spend tons of money on clorox.

Life is fabulous though! Just dont look in kitchens..

23 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

I'm not criticizing, I think the 2 meter rule is good. But so many other things to think about if one chooses to eat in a restaurant. Like squeezing the ketchup bottle and holding the salt shaker, etc., that somebody else just used 30 minutes before. Touching the menu. Scooting your chair out and then back in when sitting, probably touching it in the same places the previous customer did. There are many such items, and sterilizing them between customers is not realistic.

All of which demonstrates how utterly useless these measures are. Mostly ineffective gestures. The only way to prevent the virus spreading is to make everyone stay in their homes all the time, and that can't and won't happen. The virus will take its course, eventually fade away - maybe - after making a large number of people sick and a very much smaller number die.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, nomad2019 said:
On 3/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, FritsSikkink said:

So why did you go to a restaurant and sit with other people to eat?

Who told you i was not 2 metres away from other people ?

We are hearing about the spread of this virus from beer bars etc but

Im in KC and many restaurants are still open .

Whats point in closing bars . Cinemas etc if there are still many many filthy places open serving dirty unclean cutlery and glasses.

Now im not having a go at thai lifestyle, ive eaten thai food from these types places all my life but in the current climate i think that food safety hygeine should be stepped up in all eateries not only thai places.  Think how many people have drank from a glass you have just been handed....the very same glass that wash half washed with cold water ????????????????????

Or, like a whole lot of civic-minded and truly conscientious and seriously concerned people, you could avoid the 2 meter rule at restaurants that you probably think is farcical anyway and order takeaway or dine in at home.

Just because you are on KC doesn't mean that you should be sitting down and eating anywhere in public. This isn't about a cold-water washed glass any more.

Edited by NanLaew

16 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes, all should get Hep A and Hep B vaccines.  There is a common combined vaccine for the two.  A for food stuff, B if you think there is a chance you would come in contact with the blood supply.  Not expensive and highly recommended.

I think its free for UK citizens.

I remember I was mad when I found out. In my country you pay for it by yourself.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, nomad2019 said:

What an Idiotic reply ????????????   so i am wrong about the hygiene ?

Or do you want rant on about how far i was away from waiter...read the post again...i left the place, i did not eat, i did not drink 

You shouldn't have gone to the restaurant. It was foolish.

The hygiene might have been typical or not. We as readers will never know.

I eat from street vendors and cheap places all the time. Never sick.

As if the cheap restaurants in your home country much better. Lol. Hot water Jets laff of the day. Go home.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, nomad2019 said:

Think how many people have drank from a glass you have just been handed....the very same glass that wash half washed with cold water

many  thai labourers  share  the  same  cup for water, you cant teach them anything, wait for the Bwana  know  best responses, dont disappoint me pls

On 3/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, Curt1591 said:

Having witnesses countless kitchen staff exiting Thai toilets at malls, only once did I see someone wash their hands. 

yeah  but  got  that  ole  feelthy virus  infested  "looks  good"  face mask on though

17 hours ago, brokenbone said:

you can eat filthy 50 baht thai resturant or 500 baht sanitized falang resturant,

you have a choice if you have money, and if you havnt got money theres no reason to complain as it isnt going to get you anywhere

Farang places are just as filthy !!!!!!!

Ate you saying only thailand people are dirty ?????

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" 

Thailand it is what it is.....the good the bad and the ugly hang-in there brother.

You're fortunate enough to have done a runner and got out of the place and lived to tell your story.    

• Like 1

I love Thai food, but it's funny to me how hip tourists think Street Food is when it's food poisoning waiting to happen. You cannot entirely avoid the risks of germs and food poisoning but I only eat at places where the place at least:

a) have a sink and actively wash their dishes and hands (not a filthy bucket of water)

b) if uncooked food like fruit juice the vendor must have latex, plastic gloves or use tongs.

c) meats are thoroughly cooked, vegetables are washed (in a sink)

d) appliances and utensil are at least clean in appearance

e) if they are directly handling money they are not then touching the food unless the food ends up being cooked to a high temperature.

f) the environment itself looks clean not like it hasn't been scrubbed since the days of Siam.

4 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I love Thai food, but it's funny to me how hip tourists think Street Food is when it's food poisoning waiting to happen. You cannot entirely avoid the risks of germs and food poisoning but I only eat at places where the place at least:

a) have a sink and actively wash their dishes and hands (not a filthy bucket of water)

b) if uncooked food like fruit juice the vendor must have latex, plastic gloves or use tongs.

c) meats are thoroughly cooked, vegetables are washed (in a sink)

d) appliances and utensil are at least clean in appearance

e) if they are directly handling money they are not then touching the food unless the food ends up being cooked to a high temperature.

f) the environment itself looks clean not like it hasn't been scrubbed since the days of Siam.

and that's just while they are using the trolley. there's a couple of places near me where vendors park up their trolleys when not in use. i have seen; cats, dogs, rats, pigeons and various insects crawling over and sitting on these trolleys. and never once have i seen a vendor cleaning their trolley, or even wiping it down, before they set off to use it for preparing and cooking food. urgh. how more people dont get sick amazes me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nomad2019 said:

Farang places are just as filthy !!!!!!!

Ate you saying only thailand people are dirty ?????

thais use a kind of bath to wash dishes,

falang uses a machine with hot water.

then theres a dirty fact that goes for everything in thailand:

in thailand almost the entire population uses a bum gun,

the back pressure pushes the feces up the bum gun,

and from there the feces crawls its way to the tap

where it is poured over the dishes,

but at least in a falang resturant this feces has been heated up to 60

degree celsius where hopefully at least some of the bacteria and viruses

was killed off, leaving just a fairly odorless goop in the soup

6 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

Damn dude, yours have legs? Mine just roll randomly around when I chase them

15 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

then theres a dirty fact that goes for everything in thailand:

in thailand almost the entire population uses a bum gun,

the back pressure pushes the feces up the bum gun,

where it is poured over the dishes,

“ the back pressure pushes the feces up the bum gun “ !!

How far, and why , are you inserting it to create back pressure ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“ the back pressure pushes the feces up the bum gun “ !!

How far, and why , are you inserting it to create back pressure ??

bum guns are banned in the west precisely because they arent compatible

with civilization, you cant make tap water drinkable when

you have savages taking a dump in the water

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

Bum guns arent banned in the USA.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:46 AM, Curt1591 said:

Having witnesses countless kitchen staff exiting Thai toilets at malls, only once did I see someone wash their hands. 

You hang around inside the toilets to notice they don't wash their hands ?

4 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

Bum guns arent banned in Australia.

Edited by Don Mega