Hygeine in restaurants is pathetic

nomad2019

The hygiene of restaurants, while important, is a bit of a moot point when it comes to the covid virus transmission, 99% of the outbreaks/clusters etc have been traced back to crowds of people, boxing stadium, transport etc. Contact with an infected person, not eating from a restaurant.

Not sure what constitutes a "farang " restaurant in Thailand, ownership, the food ?? Most restaurants have the same cleaning processes, and if you are not usually getting food poisoning or otherwise sick when you eat there, you most likely wont be getting Covid either.

The front of house hygiene is probably more important nowadays, cleaning the door handle, table surfaces, money handling etc

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Bum guns arent banned in the USA.

only reasonably  plausible explanation is they are banned to install,

it would be too much of an ordeal to re plumbing

every bathroom in the nation to separate tap water from the bum gun

if it isnt done in the toilet construction

10 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You hang around inside the toilets to notice they don't wash their hands ?

I'm surprised it took someone so long ....

I use the toilets, as do mall kitchen staff. While washing my hands, I have seen countless staff leave the stalls and proceed straight out the door. It doesn't require any amount of time or  investigative reporting skills. 

And to follow up the next witty barb, I didn't follow them to see where they worked. Their uniforms were my clue ....

On 3/25/2020 at 8:01 AM, nomad2019 said:

What i'm saying is that people are washing down the streets but really this virus will spread much more quickly from people drinking out of these cups glasses and eating and using this cutlery.

OK, you said it

Peace

On 3/25/2020 at 10:22 AM, FritsSikkink said:

The waiter was 2 meters away when you ordered the food and it was served? What about when you paid the bill ? 

So your only worrying about this now do you think germs and viruses didn't exist in the world before.

Eating in public places anywhere in the world has ALWAYS been a health risk have you never heard of Salmonella??

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The water in the cistern is not connected to the sewage, the same as the water coming out of a tap is not connected to the water in the drain. 

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The water in the cistern is not connected to the sewage, the same as the water coming out of a tap is not connected to the water in the drain. 

And thats why it needs a backflow valve to prevent any nasties flowing back into the potable water.

39 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

That isnt correct either. Even the toilet uses potable water. 99% of the tap water in the USA is safe to drink, and in fact so good in places that companies steal it and bottle it. Bum guns have no effect on tap water.

PS and before you make a fool of yourself, I have personly installed bum guns (you run them off the toilet input) in my condos and we just worked on a 60 unit development, all equipped with "bidet plumbing".

Edited by Nyezhov

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

well... No - but it is connected with the household water system. If all is working properly with the Domestic water supply, there  might never be any 'problem' emanating from not having the BackFlow.

However; there can be that rare occurrence, when the Mains water pressure has reduced, or gone.

Maybe there are some Works going on out in the Street! - the less/zero pressure from the Mains end, means the cistern etc have a higher pressure... and everyone knows what nature abhors?

When this is happening there is the 'possibility' of the Cistern/Bidet water in their respective pipes, being enabled to flow back into the Household water system; and more so for the Community's sake the Water Mains itself.   

Every Water Corpration have their Rules, mostly also available for Downloading; for your respective Precinct/District/City 

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And thats why it needs a backflow valve to prevent any nasties flowing back into the potable water.

But that is physically impossible, the cistern holds potable water (in theory you could drink it), when you flush, the water falls via the force of gravity to flush the pan. the sewage cant travel upwards against the gravity of a couple of litres off water falling. Even if the sewage could travel upwards, the positive mains pressure filling the cistern stops a backflow. Even countries with high plumbing standards dont require or mandate a non return valve on a cistern inlet.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

But that is physically impossible, the cistern holds potable water (in theory you could drink it), when you flush, the water falls via the force of gravity to flush the pan. the sewage cant travel upwards against the gravity of a couple of litres off water falling. Even if the sewage could travel upwards, the positive mains pressure filling the cistern stops a backflow. Even countries with high plumbing standards dont require or mandate a non return valve on a cistern inlet.

What ?

The cistern does not need the backflow valve, the hand held Bidet does.

It is a legal requirement in my home country and must be fitted by a licenced plumber.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What ?

The cistern does not need the backflow valve, the hand held Bidet does.

It is a legal requirement in my home country and must be fitted by a licenced plumber.

Yes, thats correct a hand held bidet/shower usually requires a non return valve because someone can inadvertently leave it open (running) and in a tub of water/bath etc, loose mains pressure and you can have a backflow (you are drinking the bath water). A bum gun cant be left open or running, its spring loaded and turns itself off, its a non return valve by default..

Edited by Peterw42

46 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, thats correct a hand held bidet/shower usually requires a non return valve because someone can inadvertently leave it open (running) and in a tub of water/bath etc, loose mains pressure and you can have a backflow (you are drinking the bath water). A bum gun cant be left open or running, its spring loaded and turns itself off, its a non return valve by default..

if you say so.

????????????

Edited by Don Mega