Pattaya-Najomtien road becomes illegal trash dump

Rimmer

Pattaya-Najomtien road becomes illegal trash dump

1376-N3-Mar-20-05-Na-Jomtien-Soi-8-10-ga

PATTAYA:--Najomtien residents want police to crack down on the illegal dumping of garbage along a local access road.

The 50-meter stretch of access road running parallel to Sukhumvit Road between Najomtien Soi 8 and Soi 10 opened March 28, 2018, but is bordered by open ground.

The road used to have “no dumping” signs, but those quickly disappeared. Residents say the rubbish is stinky and unsightly and want police to fence off the area and increase surveillance to catch the dumpers.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-najomtien-road-becomes-illegal-trash-dump-292326

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-03-25—

8 minutes ago, johng said:

One of many around the area...and once again no mention of where the official government run dumps are located.

Are there actually any that are accessible by the general public?

I live East of Pattaya, and when I had some garden waste to dump I went to the Orbotor to ask where, and nobody could answer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So how's that plastic bag ban doing for cleaning up thailand?

Hey, go ahead and speak up at the success it's been.

FYI, I live in the dark side and many of the 'back roads' are lined with garbage, and have the requisite don't dump here or 2000b fine posted...

Think the ones in charge give a hoot?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Now it's like every other Rural Road in Thailand then...Bravo !

I don't know which part of rural Thailand you're referring to, but in our neck of the woods there's nothing remotely like that horrible mess I see in these photos. We have a communal disposal area that we pay 100 Baht per month for so the village and the surround area keeps pretty much litter free.

One does have to tolerate a bit of burning now and then, however it's not on a serious scale.

A low population density does have its benefits.

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You can't have traveled very much!

''Moved'' is the word you missed...watching the same people( my neighbors) with such little respect for this nation,teaching their children its ok to throw rubbish in the ditch ,somehow puts a face on this disgusting practice ...but as for you the traveler ,I guess you have seen it all....have a safe day....

Edited by mok199

I suggest the authorities go to YouTube and watch - Where does your garbage go.  Maybe, after viewing what is possible they could then pass the suggestion up the chain and have the same process implemented in Thailand.  I know, fat chance of that happening, anyway, so dream on.

'nuf sed.

I always that that dumping trash, unwanted clothes, and junk around the house was the National Thai pastime and sport, guess I was wrong. Looks like the front of houses are getting cleaned up, but now the ugly truth comes out.....they are creating there own landfill, yuck