Covid-19: Chaos as Thais stranded abroad - hundreds couldn't get on Bangkok bound plane from NZ claims industry insider

webfact

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

You really couldn’t make this stuff up.

Thai bureaucracy reminds me of the Vogons, only minus the god awful poetry.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!

Excellent use of the word micturations, a poetic feat that stood virtually unrivalled until big Lebowski took up the theme some years later:

"I just want to understand this, sir. Every time a rug is micturated upon in this fair city, I have to compensate the owner?" 

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Same for me stuck here in the UK it was the Thai fit to fly cert that did for me to who the hell is going to fulfill that criteria in this crisis????

My two Thai nieces had no problem getting their certificates in London. Any private clinic can issue a Fit to Fly certificate. I think it cost them about £60 each. Then to the Embassy where they were issued their letters on the same day

Edited by pj123

2 minutes ago, pj123 said:

My two Thai nieces had no problem getting their certificates in London. Any private clinic can issue a Fit to Fly certificate. I think it cost them about £60 each.

They are Thai and ok if your in London I'm not and after 5 flights canceled and no money coming back I gave up ????

My wife and kid just got on board from Japan to Thailand. She made a mistake not getting the letter from embassy but it's application form. We emailed from airport to the consulate with photos of the passports, doctor certificates, tickets and the application form that has such information as ID number, Thai address, etc. Then called the consulate, saying that the flight departs in 2 hours. Despite being before its opening hours, the consulate prepared the letters and emailed back to us in 10 minutes! Bless these guys!

• Like 1