PHOTOS: Immigration at Chaeng Wattana heaving with foreigners desperately trying to extend their visas

webfact

23 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Thereby creating a virus epicentre. These bombs will be exploding all around Thailand.

Why not just forget about the money and announce an extension for all? The cost of spread will wipe out any revenue gains.

thi governing bodies are not bothered if foreigner gets virus as they will get money for treating us , and also they get money for foreigners paying for visas , sp the first thought o thai authority is MONEY MONEY MONEY the last thought is of giving free extended visas , last time i come here to thailand 

On 3/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, stuhan said:

Letters are not required for V.O.A or tourist visa just go and apply.pay the fee.Non immigrate visa,i think may need letter? but not required to renew yearly N.I.O retirement visa.90 DAY reports you can do online,i have done all mine online for past 3yrs with very few problems.

Then you are one of the lucky ones. I have tried since day one and never had it work. Always down or message that you have to go to their office. Garbage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cdavid10 said:

Then you are one of the lucky ones. I have tried since day one and never had it work. Always down or message that you have to go to their office. Garbage.

Sorry to hear that you experience trouble doing your 90-day reporting on-line.

I did it last month for the very first time, and it took me less than 10 minutes.

Here is the link to the website >

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line.  The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english language pages to) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options.  But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

IMPORTANT > Please note that to file your 90-days report on-line, that it has to be done in a 15 to 7 day window BEFORE your 90-day due date expires.

If you try to do it outside this window you will get the message to 'visit the immigration office',

It's best to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, as it will save you a trip to IO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Sorry to hear that you experience trouble doing your 90-day reporting on-line.

I did it last month for the very first time, and it took me less than 10 minutes.

Here is the link to the website >

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line.  The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english language pages to) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options.  But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

IMPORTANT > Please note that to file your 90-days report on-line, that it has to be done in a 15 to 7 day window BEFORE your 90-day due date expires.

If you try to do it outside this window you will get the message to 'visit the immigration office',

It's best to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, as it will save you a trip to IO. 

I will give the above link a try.

Any idea what is causing the below error on the 90 days app?

90 days.jpg

32 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I will give the above link a try.

Any idea what is causing the below error on the 90 days app?

Hi, I never used the App so cannot comment on that.

But hope the 90-days reporting website works as good for you as it does for me.

We are just evil, dirty foreigners.  We don't matter to Thai authorities, so we get packed together during a pandemic in order to satisfy bureaucracy that fears and loathes foreigner.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, dabhand said:

Why are the Embassies not making protests to the Thai government on this serious matter?

Instead they are merely scuttling around to provide Immigration requested paperwork, rather than firing back at yet another example of completely unnecessary red tape.

Yes, I am looking at you, the British and US Embassy.  Once again you are failing your fellow citizens. 

Include the Canadian joke of an embassy.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:08 AM, tudorc said:

Tourists should return to their home countries.If this blows up the last thing Thailand will need is thousands of sick tourists putting a strain on the health system.Some countries have already ordered tourists out of their countries. Foreigners with work permits, marriage visas,pension visas should have automatic extensions and not need to attend Immigration offices.

I think you mean old foreigners over the age of 60 should return to their home countries. If this blows up the last thing Thailand will need is thousands of old foreigners putting a strain on the health system. They are most at risk of dying and straining the hospital systems.

Most here like to complain the Thais... But where is the complain for the tourists not going home when was a chance?
I know most had to pay extra to change the flights, because they booked a cheap sit and now no cheap sits are available!

But now tourists complain about their own stupidity. In real there are only a few tourists who were not able to fly home, because their country closed borders that fast. Most tourist (some even now) could flew home, but not want to pay some extra money for the change. It's always the same everything have to be cheap.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I think you mean old foreigners over the age of 60 should return to their home countries. If this blows up the last thing Thailand will need is thousands of old foreigners putting a strain on the health system. They are most at risk of dying and straining the hospital systems.

Thank you Mr. Anutin for your opine.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

Most here like to complain the Thais... But where is the complain for the tourists not going home when was a chance?
I know most had to pay extra to change the flights, because they booked a cheap sit and now no cheap sits are available!

But now tourists complain about their own stupidity. In real there are only a few tourists who were not able to fly home, because their country closed borders that fast. Most tourist (some even now) could flew home, but not want to pay some extra money for the change. It's always the same everything have to be cheap.

Now reverse that logic you just used and apply it to all Thais who are in foreign countries and wish to return home.

Most people haven't been able to foresee the logistical issues that this would become, especially considering that the world leaders have never freaked out and locked down their countries like this in the past.  
So give everybody a break.  Foreigners in Thailand and Thais in Foreigner-Land.  People got stuck.  Now it's up to the nations where they are stuck to treat them humanely and with respect.  Like South Korea did for all Thais legally and illegally working in their country, but not like Thailand is doing to all foreigners here who are here quite legally and are simply asking for an extension to get them though the crisis and lockdown (lockdowns that don't apply to foreigners who must pack together like cattle or pigs in a feed-lot at Thai Immigration which imho is a disgrace). 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:41 PM, Peter Denis said:

Hi, I never used the App so cannot comment on that.

But hope the 90-days reporting website works as good for you as it does for me.

The web link worked. I got a tracking number, but still no final notification 24 hours later. Maybe Monday, lets see.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, dabhand said:

Why are the Embassies not making protests to the Thai government on this serious matter?

get real ......  do you think for one minute Thailand would accept any condemnation from any other embassy.   I doubt they would either listen or care ....  TIT 

On 3/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

April Fool's Day has arrived a week early, courtesy of Immigration and the Thai govt!!!!

Is Thai officialdom unable to think outside the box for alternate solutions?

Hmmm  rhetorical question

• Like 1