Video: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your private aircraft!

webfact

Video: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your private aircraft!

10.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai Airways air hostess posted a video on Facebook of a flight from the Norwegian capital Oslo to Bangkok. 

There were just two passengers so the pilot kindly invited them up to Business Class, said Nattavan Thongtham NaAyudhaya.

Cabin crew suggested they sit two rows apart but because they knew each other they were allowed to occupy rows next to each other.

They appeared to be Thais and were lucky ones to have got out of Norway after obtaining the necessary health documentation. 

The air hostess was told that the passengers needed to go to a nearby city because the wait to see a doctor in Oslo was three days. 

Reports elsewhere on Thaivisa suggest that Thais have been left stranded abroad after being unable to get "fit to fly" and intention to travel documents from the authorities in the countries where they wanted to board aircraft. 

Sanook's caption in their story spoke of the two passengers being in their private aircraft. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-25

• Confused 1

I am not so sure that International law can prohibit a National of any country returning to his home country.

What they do with them once arrived is a different story.

The "fit to fly" letter was a Thai Airlines thing ?

I do not believe all the illegal returnees from S korea had the letter.

I noticed that in KL they had Doctors at both airports checking & issuing the letters.

You cannot get much more up to date than that

Fit to fly was implemented by TAT. Makes it extremely difficult to get back and is applied to any international airline operating into Thailand.

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-notification-of-the-civil-aviation-authority-of-thailand-on-covid-19-control-measures/?fbclid=IwAR3VJt_ZT7h80520C4dcgSwb_X5X8G4752A8yywA7EYq_koQoZW2cvWJPmk

9 minutes ago, Fancyzancy said:

But no Airlines are lowering fares. Post future bargains now. Keep the cash flow coming....

Qatar Airways hiked their prices up,Perth to UK AUD$2700 1 way. You would need to be mad to even think about booking a flight anywhere,at any price! It will be interesting to see how many of the Airlines are still in the air after this,Thai must be a favourite to go to the wall,with their previous loss disclosure,then this virus!

10 hours ago, natway09 said:

I am not so sure that International law can prohibit a National of any country returning to his home country.

What they do with them once arrived is a different story.

The "fit to fly" letter was a Thai Airlines thing ?

I do not believe all the illegal returnees from S korea had the letter.

I noticed that in KL they had Doctors at both airports checking & issuing the letters.

You cannot get much more up to date than that

...all too late..silly ole Thailand.

12 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Fit to fly was implemented by TAT. Makes it extremely difficult to get back and is applied to any international airline operating into Thailand.

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/03/tat-update-notification-of-the-civil-aviation-authority-of-thailand-on-covid-19-control-measures/?fbclid=IwAR3VJt_ZT7h80520C4dcgSwb_X5X8G4752A8yywA7EYq_koQoZW2cvWJPmk

The TAT is the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the government's tourism marketing arm.  They can't implement anything like this.  It was a Civil Aviation Authority order.