Udon Thani storm.

CGW

We had a huge storm last night in Nadee, guessing it was just "local" lots of trees down blocking roads, Mangoes stripped off trees, storm dumped about 5 inches of rain with hail in about 15 minutes, power has been off for over 12 hours now, not great at this time! anyone else affected?

^Guess we bore the brunt of it, power still off, still clearing the roads, lot of old trees down, about the worse storm I have witnessed on land, brutal for about 10 minutes.

SW of Udon about 25 minutes, the storm came through after midnight. The winds were alarmingly strong, but no big trees down. Power went out here for about 12 hours. Got it back just after noon.

A few weeks back it was out for 8 hours. Is it tiime to get a generator?

One came through there about 4 years ago. We lived just off the east ring road. I was about walk to the local store when my wife's son, who was visiting at the time,  dragged me back inside yelling no, no. no!

He must have had a 6th sense or something, because a few moments later a storm ripped through the estate causing major damage. I reckon he saved me from serious injury or worse that day.

The storm went on to cause major damage downtown around the UD town area. Very scary. I would not want to live in a hurricane or tornado area, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The storm went on to cause major damage downtown around the UD town area. Very scary. I would not want to live in a hurricane or tornado area, that's for sure.

Indeed, that was a nasty one, there are a lot of old trees that come down & a lot more young trees! The storm came in from the west, we have some travellers palms, which always grow orientated East - west, the western "fonds" are broken, the east ones untouched!

image.thumb.png.6db0d95c4c0f9fe089d5ca893b6fbd16.png

CGW. Well only to be expected living out in rural Thailand, had you never considered such eventualities many years ago when you decided to live there?  Don't expect things to get any better soon with the current mob in charge.  Only yourself to blame, no use whinging.

• Sad 2

On 3/25/2020 at 8:57 PM, 19DL86 said:

had you never considered such eventualities many years ago when you decided to live there?

I guess the "storm" never affected you, which is what the thread was about.

I considered most "eventualities" that's why I have a generator, also have a home gym within a large house, two acres off garden to walk around, no neighbours, self sufficient for water and could do the same for food. 

Trust you weighed up all eventualities where you decided to stay and are not stuck in a box having to use communal areas to stay sane. ????

Take care!

• Like 1