BANGKOK
JimShorts

Bangkok Allergies

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Invest in the highest quality air filter you can afford. It is all about the size of the filter. Good air filters need massive sized filters. You are dealing with horrendous air quality, and that wears the lungs down over time. People can develop allergies to pollution, which wreaks havoc with the respiratory system. With the Corona going around, you need your lungs to be in very good shape. 

The Xiaomi pro is one of the better filters available, here for the money. And the replacement filters are under 1000 baht. 

Have Xiaomi pro got real hepa filter now? They did not have that before which is of importance.

Yes. I have a high end PM 2.5 meter. When I close my windows my levels go from 0.33 to 0.01 in less than an hour. And that is impressive. It seems to be working well. It has hepa, and you can also get the charcoal insert. Plus, they sell bacterial filters too. And fluorocarbon filters. It is a good unit. 

Last time i checked about 1 year ago they did not have the REAL hepa. They only had an older outdated standard not approved in Europe or US. What PM meter do you have? Surely an outdated hepa helps bu it will not take away 99,97% which the current standard does. But it is good if the filters are cheap. The filters for my coway are very expensive. And as they say: Better with any air purifier than non at all.

1 hour ago, Captor said:

MSG? Explanation please...

Monosodiumgluconat. It's a flavour enhencer and in almost all thai dishes unless you cook by yourself 

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Monosodiumgluconat. It's a flavour enhencer and in almost all thai dishes unless you cook by yourself 

Oh, that, yes I know about that. Very unhealty for the body. We have that in Europe as well but it is very selldome used. Thanks for the explanation.

First time ever i was in Thailand in the beginning of year, february. End of feb in the province, i got itchy legs.

So something must start to bloom then and effects mostly my legs. It only itch, nothing further, but it itch !

Have been in Thailand on other months (never problems), but now first time end february.

However also mosquitoes are active and they gave me really big spots of allergy. They are really tiny bugs and fast, just saw just one and killed it instantly, too late. She was not bloody, so just started to inject and gave me allergy spot and it really itch like ...h...

Amazing as i have been bitten in town and those only left bite mark, no allergy.

Or the mosquito change with substances (due to season) or it is another kind of mosquito and gives me real big itchy allergy spots on my skin. I had still some DEET and put it on the spots, it worked.

However DEET is not sold anymore, too bad. It works as repellent for mosquitoes but also seems to work to neutralize the spots.

Was surprised, as i had allergy reactions when i was young and most passed away, only end may here my eyes were on fire, when bicycling through a park. 

Now in Thailand, end february, in the province, i seem to have again an allergy problem.

The spots look like this, happily not at asmuch together, when for instance you touch nettle.

stinging-neetle.jpg

Could be DUST MITES.

I have some allergie since ever but only sometimes. I thought it was pollen only.

Can be dust mite too. Those little spiders live everywhere, and you are allergic to their sh.. actually.

Not funny since it's very difficult to get rid of them. And to clean the sh. with a professionnal waccum.

You can check allergies levels (and where and when especially) with accuweather, look allergies, and then inddors/dust and dander.