need english language contact for Surface warranty

paddypower

I have tried their various ''support'' menus. always end up with a form to submit, which is in Thai language, despite selecting English. An email where I could submit a request for warranty work would be helpful. tia.

I just called choose thai, as the english was not working.. and then asked the thai person for an english speaking person.

They replaced my surface notebook without any complains. I was very happy with their service!

7 hours ago, HampiK said:

I just called choose thai, as the english was not working.. and then asked the thai person for an english speaking person.

They replaced my surface notebook without any complains. I was very happy with their service!

how did you get someone to talk to you? phone number plse?

useless - kept getting redirected to operator, for 10+ min.. finally got connected to a real person, twice. both times, they hung up. so much for buying a MIcrosoft product at banaaaaaana, who  refused to provide any assistance. With the shutdown, I must remember that a warranty is only as good as the staff member you are talking to.

Mai plu.. THREAD CLOSED.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

You need to login with a MS account, register the serial number of your device, then create a Service Request.

I have done that with several Surface Pro's in the past and normally it is very efficient. They send a courier to collect your device and return you a new (or possibly refurbished) device back a few days later. You will not get your original device back so you need to get any data off it if you can.  

I would imagine that the process maybe affected by the current situation though.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, thedemon said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

You need to login with a MS account, register the serial number of your device, then create a Service Request.

I have done that with several Surface Pro's in the past and normally it is very efficient. They send a courier to collect your device and return you a new (or possibly refurbished) device back a few days later. You will not get your original device back so you need to get any data off it if you can.  

I would imagine that the process maybe affected by the current situation though.

Many thanks! will post results. Yes, I know the situation is bad - in fact its aweful . But if I register, within the warranty period I shoudl be ok if there are delays in picking it up before the warranty expires.

8 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Many thanks! will post results. Yes, I know the situation is bad - in fact its aweful . But if I register, within the warranty period I shoudl be ok if there are delays in picking it up before the warranty expires.

Yes as long as you create the service request within the warranty period it should remain valid.